The shaming of non-premium users needs to stop!

Heh, I didn't know what IKR meant either. And I use that term a LOT. :eyeroll:

Is it just me, or did anybody else look at the rig the OP is claiming to have, and think "You've got THAT and are complaining about a couple of dollars a month??"

Then think "You really need to check your entitlement there, goober!" ?

Note however, that this person was busy trolling before posting this thread. And hasn't bothered to reply back to it, even tho, they've been online.

Just another troll thread folks, nothing to see here.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everyone is a troll. I'm still waiting for an answer if there is another payment method besides using credit cards? GoG except's paysafecard, for example. I support steam though buying steam cards, etc. I don't use credit cards/banking systems. There are millions of people like myself who do the same. There must be another way to support this site?

Dude, thanks to users who pay for a premium membership to support nexus, the rest of people who can't pay for a permanent or temporal premium membership can use the site freely. So is logical that these users receive a bonification for their support and I am 100% agree.

Learn this: Nothing is really free. When you get something for free is because someone else pays for it. Be grateful.

Edited by AmaccurzerO

Not everyone is a troll. I'm still waiting for an answer if there is another payment method besides using credit cards? GoG except's paysafecard, for example. I support steam though buying steam cards, etc. I don't use credit cards/banking systems. There are millions of people like myself who do the same. There must be another way to support this site?

Where I live (central US), many grocery stores, drugstores, convenience stores and the like have racks of gift cards available for sale. Some of them are widely accepted bank cards - Visa, Master Card, AMEX, etc. You could purchase such a card with cash, and then use it like any other credit card. They are essentially pre-paid debit/credit cards.

I'm aware of a company called Green Dot that offers such a card. I've never used any of these payment methods myself, but wanted to mention them since they might be useful for you.

Apologies WishkahKid. I wasn't talking about you. I'm sorry, if you thought that I was.

I also apologizing for not remembering that you'd posted about your problem here.

As for prepaid cards, some are ok, some are not. Some are just ways to rip you off. A person really has to read through all of the charges and fees that come associated with the card. Some of them will literally charge you for anything that you do with the card. Including using it to pay for things, or buy things. Some of them will even charge you a fee to put money onto them, after you've already got your account with them set up. (One of my jobs had a pay card that charged us, to take our paychecks into their cards!)

Walmart offers some decent options. But then again, it depends on your personal views about Walmart.

My prepaid card is through American Express. www.serve.com and it's pretty fair. And there's a growing amount of places where I can put cash into it, if it's not from my direct deposite.

Only downfall is that there's a lot of places that won't take Amex. But, paypal does. I use one of these cards for my Ebay and Amazon accounts.

It really is not easy trying to be "digital free", or just not having the ability to get an account. My sympathies. I know how it can be.

Download caps have been in place since 2007.

Until recently, it used to be the case that free users got 1 MB/s max. We actually increased the download cap to 2 MB/s for free users who don't adblock, as well as supporters (who don't get ads either). Free users who do adblock are still capped at 1 MB/s as they have been for a long time.

The banners you are seeing since this week are new, but they are just informing you of the caps that have been in place for a very long time already. They are there to incentivise people to buy Premium memberships. You don't have to, of course, but the reality is that without Premium members we wouldn't be able to run the site as we are running it now.

And if everyone was a free user with adblock, then the site wouldn't exist at all.

I know I felt bad about it but those advertising sites are annoying. I hate Fandom already, the other one requires confirmation as well. It is not my will and desire to look at adds, I can only suffer their presence, so requiring more than that makes me bock it totally.

I know that Nexus tried to partner with GOG, so I was wondering if there is any way how to change (or have it as an option) random adds to advertising connected directly to games, which would have useful information for me - like AA publishers, software/services connected to creative process, make use of the amount of traffic and the idea of creativity rather than having it as a burden. I know with adds it should be a lot of money, but I was afraid that advanced PC users will use add block. And now if more of people will create mods... As I said - I wouldn't mind to have some section for information/advertisement from interesting games/companies if it wouldn't interrupt me in any way. I don't know about others or if in the end it would turn up to be bad idea.