• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Botchling

Botchling

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Since my google searches failed I hope someone can point me in the right direction. :smile: Say you have a disk failure or you need to format and reinstall windows for some reason:

Can you save a backup of skyrim with all of your mods on another drive and easily reinstall it, with the same skyrim version as before. And not having to reinstall one mod at a time? If so, wheres the how to? :wink:

Im using Skyrim SE with Steam set to never f***kin update, SKSE, ENB and Vortex for installing all other mods.

Edited by Botchling, 05 December 2019 - 11:39 AM.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 12,351 posts

Hi Botchling,

We have a help article here that explains how to do this: https://wiki.nexusmo..._a_new_Computer

Botchling

Botchling

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts
Thanks for the link :) So not recommended still. Although The articles doesnt go into the why of it.

Its a shame for me (being an idiot) that the recommendation is to install them by one. Im not gonna remember which options I picked for the mods or the proper priorities. Or which patches to choose.

Since it is depending on your setup IF you can just move the installation or not.
Mine is pretty modest. What kind of mods would cause problems?

Vortex is really great by the way.

Pickysaurus

Pickysaurus

Community Manager

• Admin
  • 12,351 posts

If you load order is pretty modest the method described in the article should work fine. Just make sure all the paths are correct before opening Vortex for the first time. 

Botchling

Botchling

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 148 posts

Well... looking at it now I really cant say about its modesty.

It may even have lost all semblance of propriety? And decency?

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: reinstalling, vortex, backup, restore

Page loaded in: 0.981 seconds