Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

Also, for the armor, we could try Alexscorpion's sneaking gear, it's kinda thematic and futuristic, however it uses the "Adamantium" armor apparently from Morrowind. Deadly Shadows is a pretty awesome generic sneaking gear. However, I feel the armors should look slightly progressive, maybe some heavy ones, and different armors as you rank up. Maybe we could try retexes of some of the aforementioned armors. I was looking at that script, doesn't seem too hard I did something like that with calculators in Algebra II.

Another note, on the wristblade, I still like the look of it being attached to your wrists as opposed to a gauntlet because this way you could go through some sort of "branding" after you pass your test and permanently have it, would put some sense behind how your finger is suddenly cut off.

"Also, for the armor, we could try Alexscorpion's sneaking gear, it's kinda thematic and futuristic, however it uses the "Adamantium" armor apparently from Morrowind. Deadly Shadows is a pretty awesome generic sneaking gear. However, I feel the armors should look slightly progressive, maybe some heavy ones, and different armors as you rank up."

I was planning on making some missions stealth, and some just like frontal assault. So Deadly Shadows would be for stealth missions and I'll look for some other modules that have cool heavy armor.

"Another note, on the wristblade, I still like the look of it being attached to your wrists as opposed to a gauntlet because this way you could go through some sort of "branding" after you pass your test and permanently have it, would put some sense behind how your finger is suddenly cut off."

Yeah except what if your working undercover and they roll up your sleeve and see a brand that says "Imperial BlackOps", I don't think that would turn out to well :biggrin:, although I know what you mean.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, for the armor, we could try Alexscorpion's sneaking gear, it's kinda thematic and futuristic, however it uses the "Adamantium" armor apparently from Morrowind. Deadly Shadows is a pretty awesome generic sneaking gear. However, I feel the armors should look slightly progressive, maybe some heavy ones, and different armors as you rank up. Maybe we could try retexes of some of the aforementioned armors. I was looking at that script, doesn't seem too hard I did something like that with calculators in Algebra II.

Another note, on the wristblade, I still like the look of it being attached to your wrists as opposed to a gauntlet because this way you could go through some sort of "branding" after you pass your test and permanently have it, would put some sense behind how your finger is suddenly cut off.

"Also, for the armor, we could try Alexscorpion's sneaking gear, it's kinda thematic and futuristic, however it uses the "Adamantium" armor apparently from Morrowind. Deadly Shadows is a pretty awesome generic sneaking gear. However, I feel the armors should look slightly progressive, maybe some heavy ones, and different armors as you rank up."

I was planning on making some missions stealth, and some just like frontal assault. So Deadly Shadows would be for stealth missions and I'll look for some other modules that have cool heavy armor.

"Another note, on the wristblade, I still like the look of it being attached to your wrists as opposed to a gauntlet because this way you could go through some sort of "branding" after you pass your test and permanently have it, would put some sense behind how your finger is suddenly cut off."

Yeah except what if your working undercover and they roll up your sleeve and see a brand that says "Imperial BlackOps", I don't think that would turn out to well :biggrin:, although I know what you mean.

It was a metaphor I meant the cutting off of your finger; maybe permanently adding the blade as passage into the ranks of BlackOps. The blade and gauntlet could be just armor I guess though, permanent ones could consequence as a mark of recognition. Anyone can lose their finger, however.

It was a metaphor I meant the cutting off of your finger; maybe permanently adding the blade as passage into the ranks of BlackOps. The blade and gauntlet could be just armor I guess though, permanent ones could consequence as a mark of recognition. Anyone can lose their finger, however.

I know I was joking, but you would only have lost your finger if you have that armor equipped, which is a problem.

Like I said, if you can mesh that wrist blade into a weapon, that would be pretty awesome. From the standpoint of not really knowing how it works, would it be possible to just mesh it so the blade was in the same place and the rest of it was a "hilt"? Like, the "hilt" would include the part of the blade below the hand as well as the wrist part. Not sure how sheathing would work, but the weapon just disappearing when you put it away would be completely fine instead of an animation.

EDIT: I just realized that a problem would arise with the wrist piece disappearing as well, and we'd want that to stay there.

EDIT2: How difficult would it be to move the sheath to make it the wrist piece? No animation necessary, but that way it's always present, whether or not you have the weapon "drawn".

EDIT3: If we did this, I'm sure we could ask to use the script that removes the ring finger.

I've added the blades to the gauntlets of the Deadly Shadows set. So they are clothing items, I am planning to make them fortify hand to hand by 50 or so points. And if you are sneaking and they don't see you (the stealth script will be added to the gauntlets) they will be insta-killed :)

That's great! I wouldn't mind if you uploaded those gauntlets as a separate Mod so I could hook my character up.

The problem I have with permanently removing your finger, while I like the idea and think I could roll with it, would be that some people would want to be able to unequip the gauntlets so they could re-equip their normal gear and have that finger back.

Like, I personally wear the Assassin's Creed armor most places, but when I feel like looking fancy, I have Imperial Watch armor, the really shiny stuff. And, while I think removing a finger would add a lot of character to your in-game self, some people might disagree and we'd want to keep that window open for them.

The problem I have with permanently removing your finger, while I like the idea and think I could roll with it, would be that some people would want to be able to unequip the gauntlets so they could re-equip their normal gear and have that finger back.

Like, I personally wear the Assassin's Creed armor most places, but when I feel like looking fancy, I have Imperial Watch armor, the really shiny stuff. And, while I think removing a finger would add a lot of character to your in-game self, some people might disagree and we'd want to keep that window open for them.

Thats my thoughts exactly. Which is why I think I am sticking with the gauntlet blade instead of the wrist blade.

That's great! I wouldn't mind if you uploaded those gauntlets as a separate Mod so I could hook my character up.

I'm making a small module that adds unique weapons (and maybe armor) to Oblivion. So far I have one unique weapon made, but I'll add this. It will have to be a dagger I haven't gotten the daggers to show up in-game yet so.

It's probably something to think about later, but maybe adding something to choose whether it's permanent or not? like an extra esp? Might be double the work though. Maybe it's not worth it. Still might be cool to have the gauntlets as a sort of "rite of passage" into the BlackOps, for the roleplaying effect.