Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi ppl. This mode idea looks pretty good, but as someone said, more than 50 pages are hard to read so it will be very nice a little update on the first post. I'm gonna throw in some ideas, plz forgive me if someone else has already posted them, and please forgive my bad english:

First, vanilla oblivion provides a enought 'good guy' and 'bad guy' quests, so I'll find more interesting something in wich you have to consider yourself what is good and what is not. I don't think having a low infamy has to be a prequisite to join that special forces, that even could be considered as a good thing, a proof of your cold blood. Having high infamy is as bad as having high fame or glory: people know you, and that's a bad thing for one that tries to move undetected.

Another general consideration: I think a bit of roleplaying it's a must for any quest mod. In oblivion we already have a lot of quests you go throught in the only way they can be played. I'm with Kamoba, add missions where you can fail, multiple choices for important decisions, secretism, deceit, ... all this make quests far more interesting.

Now to some specific ideas for your mod:

As an oposite faction to the Blades, who serve the Emperor and are well known among the people, the 'Elder Guard' serves directly the Elder Council, and not the Emperor, just like the Blades doesn't accept orders from the council or chancellors.

Their creation could have happened so long ago, in a time in wich another emperor was murdered (civilians say that happened), and still working in secret. They are only a few members trained to deal with every kind of situation, they should be able to kill someone and remove any evidence and go out unseen, but they also should be able to appear a rich nobleman to have a private talk to some very important guy to gather some information, steal a document or a treasure, or kill him with poision or by leaving a poisonous snake in his bedroom, using the blade only to deal with minor threats.

Working for the Council doesnt' differ so much than working for the Empire. The Council needs the Emperor to keep the Empire and thus their place as advisors of the Emperor, but many daily task are handled by the Council without disturbing the Emperor with minor issues. And some of that minor issues grow in importance, and then is when the council calls their Elder Guard. Of course you act for the good of the empire, but just without letting your emperor knows it.

This background story allows for a bit of political trickery quests, diplomacy, spionage and so on, but it could serve also to fit the 'pure guy' role by beign able to end the conflict by progressing in the ranks of both the Blades and the Elder Guard until you're the chief of they both and then you can unify them under a single command. And here you have to choose, will they forever serve ONLY the Emperor, or will they serve ONLY the Council? :biggrin:

well, it's only an idea, just to offer something different from what vanilla game uses to.

If you still need help on writting and like the idea I can expand it quite a lot.

:thanks: for reading!

• 2 weeks later...