Heavy Traffic ×

Getting Started With Blender

skorge3314

Hey all Im not sure if this correct to post a topic on but I really need some help getting started on editing nifs and such. Ive been looking around but im really confused as to everything I would need to install to be able to use .NIF files in blender, any chance anyone could point me in the right direction? Im dying to try my hand at making weapons for fallout new vegas.

The best place to get started in at the Oblivion mods pages.

Blender download can be started from here: https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/12248

There are a lot of tutorials available from the Oblivion site.

I know, you're asking about FNV, but the programs you would use are the same.

Edited by M48A5

Thank you! The parts that are confusing me are which versions of blender will work with the plugin and the other extras I need to have. My ultimate goal is to eventually publish my mods as Ive made tons for my own use but Ive lacked the confidence to publish anything

• 4 months later...

Hey M48A5, I don't know if you'll see this posting on this other guys post, but I've been challenged by the exact same issues since the release of SE, and I went to the link you posted. I have just two questions, It looks like at that Nexus site (that you posted a link to) that, that version is an early enough version of Blender, so it will work with all those addons, so therefore my first question is will that Blender version work with Windows 10? Second question, will all that old stuff work with Skyrim S.E.?

Hey M48A5, I don't know if you'll see this posting on this other guys post, but I've been challenged by the exact same issues since the release of SE, and I went to the link you posted. I have just two questions, It looks like at that Nexus site (that you posted a link to) that, that version is an early enough version of Blender, so it will work with all those addons, so therefore my first question is will that Blender version work with Windows 10? Second question, will all that old stuff work with Skyrim S.E.?

The link I posted is a start. For the most up-to-date versions, go to https://www.blender.org/ and continue your research there. Be aware that the newest version of Blender may not work with the current .nif files. You will need to research what you will need for Win 10 and Skyrim SE. I have neither.