PROBLEMS SOLUTION: ENB FOR WINDOWS 10

welloliveira

I'm bumping this because I solved my weird ENB problems and wanted to spread this solution. My game would always crash on startup with the wrapper version and the injector version seemed to only work maybe 25% of the time. The ReShade wrapper was also making the game crash on startup so clearly there was something wrong with my directx that installing the redist just wasn't fixing. So this may resolve other people's issues as well.

I googled around and found this lovely tool called DXwrapper. Its main purposes are to resolve compatibility issues with older games and Windows 10 along with allowing custom code injections through its wrapper dlls. I put the d3d9.dll from that download into the Skyrim folder, copied settings.ini, renamed it d3d9.ini, and put the following settings in it:

[General]
RealDllPath = C:\Windows\System32\d3d9.dll
LoadCustomDllPath = enbseries.dll
ExcludeProcess =
IncludeProcess =
RunProcess =
WaitForProcess = 0
WrapperMode = 0

[Compatibility]
D3d8to9 = 0
DDrawCompat = 0
DSoundCtrl = 0
HandleExceptions = 1

[Window]
FullScreen = 0
ForceWindowResize = 0
WaitForWindowChanges = 0

[AppCompatData]
EnableOverlays = 1

Install the enbseries.dll from the INJECTOR version of ENB. The wrapper version won't work. Also, if you have SweetFX or something along those lines, you can add another LoadCustomDllPath entry to load that too! (Reshade was a little wonky for me though) Also I recommend setting Skyrim to fullscreen mode and enabling ForceBorderlessFullscreen in enblocal.ini. It does not like OneTweak's borderless window mode so do not use that.

And that's all you gotta do! I don't even have to use Windows 7 compatability mode or anything like that with this; presumably DXWrapper is already taking care of that. You can also uncheck the options in windows to override dpi scaling behavior if you set them, because this ini makes sure dxwrapper does that as well. If you open up AllSettings.ini from the DXwrapper download you'll see there are a lot more settings to potentially use in the ini, but I wouldn't know the benefit of any of them yet and there's not a lot of documentation. If anybody has any input on that be sure to post about it!

Hopefully this helps someone as it helped me!