Adding/Editing Sounds In Animations

ashtonlp101

Hello Nexus Forum!

I am currently trying to edit an animation in nifscope to change the sound that is used during the animation, but everything remains silent. Can somebody please give me a run down on how to add/replace sounds in an animation? Thank you!

Additional info: I have edited the strings in the animation and changed the "Sound: ..." string to the sound I wanted and added that exact name under the "Sound" tab in the geck.

• 7 months later...

Hey i hope your still around becouse i have the same propblem + i dont seem to find the "Special Idle" category you are talking about.

I put sounds in the Sounds Tab but in the Animation ->Group Sound Tab everything is empty. Making all animations ingame silent...

Do i have to insert the sounds in Blender or NifSkope to the model becouse it seems like those sounds have time frames on different creatures...

I found no resolution anywhere and the only good "Adding a creature" tuturial just uses the DeathClaw sounds making it impossible to get an answer...

Sort of the blind leading the blind here (I'm not actively creating GECK mods, but we don't have a regular animation contributor), but as I interpret the wiki:

You need to open the "Idle Animations Window", locate and open the "Animation Group Selection" portion of the data (right-hand) part of the window, and select the "Special Idle" group there. Add your new idle KF file to the list?

According to the "Sounds Tab" page:

Inherits Sounds From: if this field is filled out, the table cannot be edited and all of that creature's sound data will come from its currently selected inherited list. In order to create a creature with completely unique sounds (or to creature a template from which other creature's will inherit all of their sounds), leave this dropdown list set to 'NONE'.

So it sort of depends upon the "creature" you are talking about. Did you "clone" one by changing the "Editor ID" of an existing creature (which would use inheritance of the "Base ID" form of the original creature), or create a new one from scratch (meaning create a new Base-ID form) and give that new form a "Sound Data Table"? (Please see the 'GECK Form-ID, Base-ID, Ref-ID, and Editor-ID' section of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article if you are not clear on those terms.)

I would think the sound file would be linked in the KF file so it was tied to the animation duration. Isn't that covered in one of the tutorials in the "Animation" section of that same article?

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 1 month later...