Nubcakes question

Aoshi1

Pardon me, I am new to PC gaming, and modding in general. I use the NMM for New Vegas and love it. I am getting this game (DS) and am wondering how the mods work. Sorry if it seems newbish of me, I can't seem to find the answer I am looking for, so I decided to come here. When you download a mod here, say for an armor set, does it appear in your inventory, or do you have to unlock/find/buy it ingame? And if you already have the item, with it be changed? Again, apologies if this seems elementary, I am still learning here. Cheers, and thank you for your time and consideration.

You need DSFix for most of the mods. http://darksouls.nexusmods.com/mods/19

Right now, only textures can be changed. To do this, you can enable texture override in the dsfix.ini, and put custom textures in the corresponding folder.

If you do so, the texture will be changed ingame. So you can't create new items, only change the appearence of existing ones.

I hope this helps a little bit. Make sure to read the readme of dsfix!

Indeed it does, and thanks. I did get the DSfix, as nothing will run without it, and I appreciate the heads up.

Maybe later there'll be modable chests with movable placement, that would be cool. In time I suppose.

Until then, I got me a game to play ^__^