Here Are UPK Modding Tools

BlackAlpha

• 3 weeks later...

Nice easy collection of tools. Thanks. Question though. Is there an issue with distribution for any of those? I may like to make use of it as part of the distribution of XCMM. See below.

I am working on a full featured GUI in java. It installs and makes mods at the moment. Runs on command line too. Just need to integrate XShape and handle errors properly for the alpha release and code release. A couple of days away depending on free time. It also just needs a cleanup to remove the unused HSQl libraries, it is at 6MB+ if distribute now. I was planning on making a portable database to keep track of installs so can eventually uninstall/revert changes between runs. But need to plan that on paper with help.

Nice easy collection of tools. Thanks. Question though. Is there an issue with distribution for any of those? I may like to make use of it as part of the distribution of XCMM. See below.

I am working on a full featured GUI in java. It installs and makes mods at the moment. Runs on command line too. Just need to integrate XShape and handle errors properly for the alpha release and code release. A couple of days away depending on free time. It also just needs a cleanup to remove the unused HSQl libraries, it is at 6MB+ if distribute now. I was planning on making a portable database to keep track of installs so can eventually uninstall/revert changes between runs. But need to plan that on paper with help.

You'd need to ask the creators of the tools. I guess the real question is which tools you are talking about. If it's the XCOM modding tools, then you can simply PM the authors on this forum.

Is there an issue with distribution for any of those?

I guess when distributing files that others have developed, it's always courteous to ask the author or check their website to see if they say anything about it. At the very least, link back to where you got the files from; not only to give credit where credit is due, but also so the user can get the latest version and get more information about that tool.

Gildor mentions distribution of his tools in his FAQ.

Can I post your tool on my site/forum?

I see no reason to do so, my site is alive. You should not copy texts from this site, post a link instead. Do not post direct links to files - these links may be (and will be) changed in a future.

:)

Can I post your tool on my site/forum?

I see no reason to do so, my site is alive. You should not copy texts from this site, post a link instead. Do not post direct links to files - these links may be (and will be) changed in a future.

:)

Thanks for the answer. This kind of implies that licence can only be obtained by visiting Gildor's site. I should of thought of Google translate... :D

Hmm how to handle this then in XCMM?

If it has to be part of XCMM package - which is a reason to redistribute it - why not ask Gildor on the forum? It's pretty likely or at least possible that he'll give his permission.

At least if he believes the tool is ready for such use.

edit: http://www.gildor.org/smf/index.php/topic,1585.0.html

Edited by FMod

• 4 weeks later...
Dear MediaFire User:

MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection.

The file named UPK Modding Tools v1.1.rar is identified by the key (rjcejcr365x0l93).

As a result of this notice, pursuant to Section 512©(1)© of the DMCA, we have suspended access to the file.

The reason for suspension was:

To whom it may concern, I would like to report a copyright violation .The file uploaded to the following address. http://www.mediafire.com/?rjcejcr365x0l93 The program which I made is included in this file. Although that program was distributed at this site,and I have forbidden redistribution. https://sites.google.com/site/0dd14lab2/upkpacker Since the copyright of this work has not been expired, I would like to request an immediate deletion of the file. I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law. I declare under the penalty of perjury that all statements contained in this notice are true and correct. Thank you for the polite reply. Regards, Hisashi Yoshikawa

Information about the party that filed the report:

Company Name: Hisashi Yoshikawa

Contact Address:

Contact Name: Hisashi Yoshikawa

Contact Phone:

Contact Email: [email protected]

Copyright infringement violates MediaFire's Terms of Service. MediaFire accounts that experience multiple incidents of alleged copyright infringement without viable counterclaims may be terminated.

Seems like we are dealing with a disgruntled author. So if someone knows an alternative for the unpacker tool (preferably) or knows a site where I could host it, please PM me.

Without such a tool, modding will become virtually impossible.

Edited by BlackAlpha

It depends. For altering byte code is UE Explorer enough. And there's Gildor's Unreal Package Extractor.

But if it comes to repacking, we're screwed.

Do I have to delete UPKUnpacker from my HDD or stop using it?

Edited by Drakous79

It depends. For altering byte code is UE Explorer enough. And there's Gildor's Unreal Package Extractor.

But if it comes to repacking, we're screwed.

Do I have to delete UPKUnpacker from my HDD or stop using it?

No.

I'll check out Gildor's tool and see if I can upload a new modding tools package.

EDIT: Gildor's tool will do. Soon I'll update the link in the first post.

Also, don't delete the packer tool. At some point we might find out we need it. So better keep your hands on it, just in case.

Edited by BlackAlpha