Synthesis - broken Pulse Engine + mods

vogelap069

I noticed that with my mods (list attached) and the latest PC update of NMS Synthesis, my ship's Pulse Engine is reporting as out of fuel and the ship is throwing sparks, even though the indicator bar is full.

When I disable mods, the Pulse Engine is fine.

Is there a more efficient way of diagnosing the culprit mod than adding them one-by-one and re-launching NMS? I am a newbie to the NMS Mod scene and just trying to figure out best practices...

Edited by vogelap069

Hi vogelap069

DazShipFlight is the probable cause, firstly it's for Beyond and probably not updated for Synthesis. After each update of NMS there's a high chance that most if not all your mods are useless unless updated and even if the game doesn't necessarily crash they can conflict with the updated game.

I suggest disabling all mods and check that there are up to date mods for Synthesis or that they work fine according to the mod maker if he/she has stated on their mod page. Only use the most recent mods updated for the specific update to minimise issues. :happy:

Lo2k is probably the best on Nexus for keeping up to date regarding his mods. https://www.nexusmods.com/nomanssky/mods/880

Regards :happy:

Edited by northener69

Thanks very much for your reply. I'm trying to learn, and appreciate your help.

I removed DazShipFlight and launched NMS. It's still reporting my Shields down (despite being fully charged) and the Pulse Engine out of fuel.

Are there other likely candidate mods from my list, above?

I will follow your suggestions about disabling mods and checking mod maker's pages.

Thanks!

Daz may be the culprit . Easy way i tend to use to check mods is checking each ones description on modpage and see if any conflict - then as last resort its the effort of disabling each in turn .

I see one of my mods on that list :cool:

Most mods when disabled will revert the game to vanilla but when re enabled they switch back on

OOOOh i think i see 2 mods on your list that may conflict - daz`s and the hover pulse speed thingy one ... Try disabling those 2 and see what happens .

I sure do appreciate your help.

I tried disabling Daz's and the Hover Pulse thing, and the problem still happens. I'll keep digging, but not sure where to look.

I also swapped out for your Gamebreaker Tweaks and replaced some of the others with it.

Edited by vogelap069

Thank you - i didnt want to appear i was self promoting my mod so i didnt name it lol .

Back to the issue in question ...

Pulse Engine is reporting as out of fuel and the ship is throwing sparks, even though the indicator bar is full - only time ive seen a ship sparking is when parts are damaged so by my logic - somethings affecting either tech or ship . possibly same with fuel .

Ok . lets try a diff route .

Have you checked that all the mods are compatible with 2.23 as i can see some that are 2.16 .

Right ... please excuse me rambling ( northener69 is used to me lol ) been a long day and brains still sleeping , didnt see you say you were new to all this so i`ll offer some advice - its nice advice so dont worry .

When game gets an update most of the changes take place within the core paks , most of the time mods have to be updated due to changes within the files . This is because the mod uses a copy of a file ( or files ) within the core pack and the modified file is added to mod folder - any paks within the mod folder have their files used instead of that file version from core . If you try and use say a mod from 2.16 and its file had been updated then problems occur due to wrong code . I am really crap at explaining things lol . In a way updates can "break" mods and make them not work or do weird things .

Best thing i can suggest for now - use the download history option and check each of your mods to see if updated to 2.23 and also check their comments as often people will state there if the mods broken with new update and any that are not updated disable and wait or find new versions .

Btw feel free to add me as a friend or just pm me out of the blue if you have any questions or need help - if i can help i will , also i am myself very new to modding so everything is new to me as well

Thanks very much! I discovered that it is probably the "Reduced Launch Cost 0% 1.2" mod that caused it (at least, when I removed that mod, it works again). It's a bummer, because I really liked that mod... Hope it gets updated (or maybe added to your Tweaks?).

Thanks for the tip about checking my download history. I'll do that and see if anything else looks odd...

Im glad you managed to find the culprit and funny enough i am working on a flight mod and tbh i forgot about launch costs when i did my tweaks mod lol . I will try and make sure the launch costs is included in my flight mod , just having a fight with it as its ignoring my speed changes but i think i missed something - swear the game devs enjoy changing things just to annoy us modders lol .

And im always happy to help where i can .