SSE fails to load after installing Vortex

BroadwayJoeFYVM

Here's the story. My laptop's HDD took a dump on me, total loss. Replaced it, put a fresh copy of Windows 10 on it, everything's okay. Installed Steam, then installed SSE from my Steam library. I run the game to see if it works. It runs, so I play for a bit, then I quit the game and login to Nexus to install mods. I'd always used NMM, but now I have to switch to Vortex - fine, whatever. I load Vortex, watch the demo videos, then start loading mods. I fire up SSE again. I get the title card and click on "Play". It loads, then.... just stops. Like nothing ever happened. I check my Task Manager, and it shows that SSE isn't running at all. I uninstall Vortex, try running SSE again. Again, I get the title card, then nothing. I ask a few friends, they say maybe the SSE install was corrupted. try reloading it. I uninstalled SSE, then reinstalled it. Same problem. So I go back to the very beginning - uninstall Steam, then reinstall it, reinstall, SSE. Everything works. Reinstall Vortex, and nothing works again.

So what, if anything, am I doing wrong?

You don't "Have to switch to Vortex", if you scrolled a little farther down the Vortex download page, you would've seen the download link for the newest NMM

However, What exactly did you install with Vortex, those details that you left out are needed, because you may have installed mods that have other requirements such as SKSE64 etc.

I hadn't noticed that. I'd much rather use NMM. Thanks for the info, maybe that'll work instead of Vortex. I did get SKSE from Steam as well, and the only mods I got off of Nexus were pretty straight-forward stuff that most everyone has tried at one point or another - the classics, if you will.

I just looked, and there's nothing there. The page says they removed the links to NMM. If that's correct, that sucks balls.

The links for NMM are still there and are active. As HadToRegister suggested, did you scroll to the very bottom of the Vortex download page?

There is what appears to be a button marked "Mod Manager Download".

It. Does. Not. Work. It's just an image on the page.

If clicking COMMUNITY RELEASE doesn't work for you, then you have more serious problems, that have nothing to do with Vortex, because I just clicked on it and it works just fine

Click LEARN MORE next to Vortex at the bottom of every mod page, then scroll to the bottom, and you'll see these two buttons.

Also, stop blaming everybody else for problems YOU have, if the buttons don't work for you, then you've got something wrong with your system that's also affecting Vortex

There is no "Conspiracy" to force people to use Vortex, if you have problems with a simple download button, then Vortex is not for you.

NMM-Vortex.jpg