Slightly Misleading Message From Vortex During Make Light and Mod Deployment

Guest deleted34304850

Guest deleted34304850

I am rebuilding my Fallout 4 load order to start a new game with a few new mods.

Nothing unusual in that, here are the steps I've taken so far

1. purge all mods via vortex.
  2. delete data folder.
  3. verify local files via steam.
  4. invoke vortex and have it redeploy the mods i want to run with during this play through.
  5. Use vortex to make a few plugins 'light'

At this point, all is fine and everything is going well.

I then pulled down and deployed another mod, and the mod was installed and enabled, which then causes auto-deployment to kick in, as I have that option enabled.

What I then get is a message saying that plugins have been changed outside of Vortex. The plugins in question are the plugins that I marked light. I see this, I understand the warning and I save the changes and move on.

All is good with the world.

My observation/question is this;

As I marked the plugins as 'light' via Vortex, the message that pops up after deployment of another unrelated mod, is slightly misleading as it indicates that a change was made outside of Vortex, which is not true. Is there any way to prevent this message, or, have Vortex understand what I've done, and apply the changes that need to be made itself without asking me, given that I've to made these changes within, and under the control of Vortex?

edited to add;

I understand that Vortex is using FO4EDIT to mark the plugins as light - so technically, the message is entirely accurate. However, as I'm employing FO4EDIT via Vortex itself, I am wondering if there's any way to mark that state within Vortex, which would disable the message being issued. If that's not possible, then it's all good, but if you don't ask, you don't get, right?

Edited by 1ae0bfb8

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot figure this out. I install a mod and get a pop up telling me to " save -- Revert--- or use newest file" I get the same thing when I remove a mod. I have spent hours reading the forums and can't find any guidance. I just wanted to install "A quality world map" If i save it says I will delete 4 files.........

If I remove a mod why would I save files????

Any way to sort this out, it would seem to me if I remove a mod I would revert and to install I would save. The use the newer file seems like that should not even be an option.

Please help

Shapa

If you want to "Force" Vortex to report a file has changed right after you change it, hit SORT, that should bring up the "Files have changed outside of Vortex", because Vortex on it's own, will only notify you of file changes on the next deployment, which could mean, you'll see that file have changed warning a week from now if you haven't deployed anything recently.