"Your Vortex installation has been corrupted... Reinstall it."

peytonmc00
Go to solution Solved by AugustaCalidia,

So HadToRegister was wrong about the mods being removed? But the inter-dependencies and deployments are removed, right?

Vortex was doing fine until the update came along, so if another programme altered or damaged Vortex during or after the installation, then that was quite an odd coincidence. Not that it's impossible, I have had problems with AV's before, but the timing is extremely odd. I'll investigate, see if I can either find a Virus or if the AV itself is the problem.

I was talking specifically about UNINSTALLATION

So HadToRegister was wrong about the mods being removed? But the inter-dependencies and deployments are removed, right?

Vortex was doing fine until the update came along, so if another programme altered or damaged Vortex during or after the installation, then that was quite an odd coincidence. Not that it's impossible, I have had problems with AV's before, but the timing is extremely odd. I'll investigate, see if I can either find a Virus or if the AV itself is the problem.

I was talking specifically about UNINSTALLATION

The mods are still there, however, and everything Vortex-related is removed now.

• 4 months later...

Just had this error after cloning my hard drive to another drive. Reinstalling or uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. However, after uninstalling I found a Vortex folder persisted in C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local. The folder had a folder named "pending" with an "update-info.json" file containing a hash. After deleting the entire Vortex folder from that location and reinstalling, the error went away.

My guess is the hard drive clone altered something that made the hash invalid and Vortex checks the hash when running.

Anyway, solution was to delete C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Vortex and reinstall.

When i had this issue i had to hard uninstall vortex and restart my computer. reinstalling before restarting my pc did not work. also be sure to enable vortex in your anti-virus software. thats what caused the issue for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just had this error after cloning my hard drive to another drive. Reinstalling or uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work. However, after uninstalling I found a Vortex folder persisted in C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local. The folder had a folder named "pending" with an "update-info.json" file containing a hash. After deleting the entire Vortex folder from that location and reinstalling, the error went away.

My guess is the hard drive clone altered something that made the hash invalid and Vortex checks the hash when running.

Anyway, solution was to delete C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Local\Vortex and reinstall.

yes, this fixed mine. Thanks!

• 11 months later...

i have this problem , ive tried the things people mentioned there but none work, do i have to uninstall , restart de pc and try installing again or what could i do? also if it were the antivirus how can i solve it?

it was the antivirus, i got to solve it, also i had the vortex file in users appdata. thanks all