[LE] Invert mesh Collision in NifSkope ?

maxarturo

I have inverted the textures of a mesh to use it from the inside, but i can't invert its collision, when i'm inside the mesh i can get out (from it) but i can not get in (to it) and i need the exact opposite.

I had the impression that this can be done in NifSkope, unless i'm missing something, and i don't want to recreate the collision in 3d Max and go to all that trouble just for one mesh.

Does anybody knows how to....

• 2 weeks later...

i guess by inverted the textures you mean that you flipped the polygon/face normals so that the texture direction is inverted?
You could try the same with the collision blocks. They have some transformation and scale values that can be set in NS. Using negative scale values like -1 will typically result in flipped normals. You may need experiment around a bit. Some types of collision blocks also have the normals entry editable by NS

but depending on the complexity of your collsion this isn't the fastest way.

Your best bet is to use a newer plugin for 3ds max that can handle the collsion

look for v4.0.0.b3 it can handle collision im/ and export. you can then just : import - flip normals on the collsion mesh - export again

Thanks testiger2 for responding.

Yes... i do mean "flipped the polygon/face normals".

But due to the complexity of the mesh's collision and size, all of the proper ways to invert the collision requiered too much work, plus the recomended way was to re build the collision in 3ds Max, so i ended up doing that particular cell with my second available option that required 1/4 of the time.
At the end it was all for good, it turn out to be way better than i was hoping and had first planned to.
* I'm all day in front of three monitors with Autocad & Adobe products, so when i'm at home modding/doing my hobby, the last thing i want to see is work related stuff.
Although, that it's inevitable....
Thank you a have a Merry Christmas !.
Edited by maxarturo