The Walking Dead RP

Macman253

Daniel Howling-Coyote drew back on his bowstring and let out a deep exhale, he could feel the tendons and muscles strain in his arms and torso as he held the cord to his ear, he closed his left eye and focused on his target. He sat quietly in the bushes and aimed, a large black housecat sat drinking out of a pond, the cat had long hair and a big bushy tail with bright yellow eyes. Daniel took in a sharp breath and held it. The morning sun hit the dew on the broadhead of the arrow and it shined. He loosened his fingers and let the arrow fly.

The arrow whistled as it sped to its target, it found purchase right behind the cats front left foreleg and went through its ribcage and into its heart. The arrow hit the small animal with such force that it pinned the dead cat to the tree. Daniel smiled and stood, black warpaint covered his eyes to hide them from view and a black chevron was painted on his chin, he loosened the bowstring on his bow and slid the bow-shaft into its leather sheath on his back. He walked calmly towards his meal and pulled the prey and the arrow from the tree and tucked it into his rucksack. He checked the arrow's shaft to see if it remained straight and he was happy it did. He took his knife from his belt and wrapped his bowstring around the animals legs and tied it to his belt. He had about an hour's walk to his campsite and he wanted to get started.

It wasn't long until he got there, as he got close he could smell a rotting body smell. "Walkers..." he thought as he quickly drew the sawed off winchester from his hip and quietly levered in a round. He knelt down and listened, he could hear the shuffling about fifteen feet away, behind a bramble of blackberry bushes. His campsite was just on his side but if he got close they would hear him, all he had was his backpack and bedroll sitting there. He could feel his heart pounding but he closed his eyes and said a silent prayer to his ancestors.

"Grandfather, here me though I am many miles from the bones of my ancestors I seek your strength and guidance. Give me the grace of the eagle, the stealth of the puma and the guile of the wolf." He said in silent prayer, hoping his ancestors would hear him. He silently strung his bow and notched an arrow, he preferred his bow to a firearm but in this case a bow would be wiser. His heart pounded in his chest so loud he feared the walkers would hear it, but he moved forwards. Taking each step as silently as he could. The bushes made no noise as he moved through them and he thanked his ancestors for that, he could see them now. The blackberry bush was very thick but he could make out a pair of them, apparently they wandered inside and are lost in the thicket.

He got very close to his camp, it sat in a small opening in the blackberry bushes, the walkers were maybe ten feet away from it now, and only twelve from him. He saw his pack and bedroll sitting just out of reach of the brambles. He calmed his breath and steeled himself, his eyes never leaving the walker's shapes in the brambles. He had a hunters eye, something he'd developed from childhood in the plains of Arizona. He felt around for a rock or a stick and found one next to his foot, he reached back and threw the rock away to his right. Both of the walkers turned to face it and started walking for it. He got a better look now, one was a older man, maybe in his late fourties and the other was a young girl. Maybe twenty or so. She wore a yellow sundress and the man wore a ragged business suit. Once their attention had fully turned to the sound he bolted, he practically leapt from the bushes and landed on his belongings. He grabbed a handful of the pack and bedroll and turned without even checking the two walkers, he dug his feet into the earth and leapt back into the bushes. When he finally was able to he saw the two Walkers hadn't seen him and he let out a breath of relaxation.

"Thank you grandfather..." He whispered silently and threw his pack on, as he turned to leave he got a creeping feeling of leaving these two. He had thoughts of them hurting someone else, what of the girl and the man..should he leave their spirits hanging without entrance into the spirit world because they had not been properly given rest. His grandfather would have slapped him for not sparing these two. He sighed and let his bag down and grabbed a second arrow from his quiver and notched it. He drew the bowstring back to his chin with two arrows resting on the bridge of the bow-shaft. He could feel the raven feathers he used to fletch the arrows slide against his cheek as he aimed, his eyes fixed on his targets. He waited until they had stopped to investigate the source of the noise, now they were just outside of the brambles and he had a clear shot. He held his breath and fired, both arrows streaked through the air and they each found an eye in the two walkers, the first arrow went through the right eyeball of the man and the second through the bridge of the girls nose.

He retrieved his arrows and used a rag to wipe the blood from the arrowhead's and slid them into his quiver. He decided to head south, towards boston itself. There was a school and a police station not far that he might be able to scavenge some food or ammunition. he shouldered his pack, laid a fresh arrow on his bow and started walking.

Edited by Macman253

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"To anyone who can hear this please respond. This is Staff Sergeant Logan Howlett of the United States Marine Corps. I am transmitting on an open channel from my camp in the woods outside of Boston. If anyone can hear this please respond. We have children here." Logan spoke clearly into his radio set.

Logan turned back to see Lucy and Myles sleeping soundly in their sleeping bags that they had scavenged from the sporting goods store earlier. He cracked a faint smile, glanced at his M4, and then got back to the radio. He repeated the same transmission several times over but to no avail.

He was hoping that his dad would be the one to respond to him, but that was unlikely seeing as he was probably dealing with one of the other major cities like D.C. or New York. He stroked his stubble and returned his attention to the radio. After all, he didn't set up those traps for nothing.

Edited by AGhostdogg10

Up the road a few miles, Curtis Dawhill was walking in the middle of a road, wearing his usual black hoodie and combat pants. Only sounds he could hear were the wind and his hiking boots clacking on the pavement. As much as he liked to avoid cities, he was going to see if he could scavenge something good from the Bostom outskirts. He held his baseball bat, which he had driven a variety of nails through, dangling from on hand. His eyes and hands were the only parts of him that were visible, the rest was covered.

He heard sounds far off in the distance, probably a few roamers, out looking for something to eat. He was getting closer to the city now, he'd probably start encountering walkers in droves if he pressed on a measly fifteen miles or so. The woods would probably hold some, as well. Out here, you could encounter anything. Curtis was muttering to himself quietly, he did that a lot. He was in fact having a conversation with his baseball bat. To him, it was a living object, and rather chatty.

Coming over the crest of a hill, Curtis could see a pair of walkers ahead. Nothing he couldn't handle. Taking them out was the best option he could come up with, if he took cover in the woods he would be ambushed, or he could get lost. If he went back an entire day went to waste and he wouldn't have any fresh supplies. Didn't take long before they saw him and started shambling after their prey. Curtis wouldn't be using a gun, he'd attract the attention of walkers for miles around. And being this close to a big city, that would mean he could have thousands chasing him across the country. He readied his bat and approached them at a brisk walk.

He was quite proficient with his weapons, the fight was over quickly. His baseball bat, (who was now quite excited to be killing zombies.) drove itself into the skull of one, piercing the brain and killing it instantly. Curtis kicked it backwards off its feet, and the creature's rotten, black blood soaked the pavement. Coming about with a second swing, Curtis hit the second walker so hard that it flew sideways, the nails from the bat sliding cleanly out of its flesh. The brain remained partially intact, and therefore so did the walker. Curtis finished it off by stomping its brains literally onto the road, his thick boot protecting him from the odd snap of the jaws.

"That was fun, Excalibat." To his ears alone, the baseball bat agreed excitedly.

Curtis reached the bottom of the hill, seeing from the top that there appeared to be a police station up the road. Another large structure towere over it, looked like a school. A school would have a cafeteria, and a police station would have weapons. Seemed a good place to scavenge. He forged towards it.

Logan continued his ever vigilant watch on the radio, hoping that someone would finally respond. Suddenly there was a sound coming from the right; the one area that wasn't trapped.
"Rustling... Damn."
Logan thought to himself as he slowly creeped over to his M4A1 Carbine. He cursed himself under his breath for not taking a knife from the sporting goods store as he passed Lucy and Myles's sleeping bags.

"Logan... What's going on?" Lucy asked tiredly. Logan lifted his index finger over his mouth indicating that she needed to 'Be quiet'. She nodded and hid under her sleeping bag. As she did that Logan grabbed his M4A1 and moved over to the radio. He aimed down his sights and awaited the Walkers to come out from the woods.

"Come and get me assholes." Logan muttered to himself while preparing for his uninvited company to arrive.

Edited by AGhostdogg10

Daniel stepped out onto the road, across the street was a police cruiser. He smiled and drew back on his bow as he approached, the car was empty but there was a pistol on the seat but it had rusted shut from exposure to the environment. He looked around inside the trunk to find a shotgun and a box of ammunition for it, there was also a field medical kit, some road flares and a hand-radio. "Thank the Ancestors!" He said to himself as he heard a mans voice over the radio. The man identified himself as a Staff Sergeant Howlett. Daniel clicked the talk button and smiled, his first contact with another person that was alive in nearly three weeks.

"This is Corporal Daniel Howling-Coyote, what is your position over?" He asked into the Radio. He heard a rustling in the woods not far away, he turned up the radio as loud as he could and set it on the trunk of the car. He drew back the arrow on his bowstring and aimed it at the source of the noise. A woman wearing a short jean skirt and a black t-shirt came from the forest, she had cuts from walking in the woods and her skin was pale white and dirty. She sighed in relief at seeing Daniel was living, in her hand was a glock pistol. Daniel lowered his bow and watched her.

"Who are you?" She asked him, Daniel didn't know what to say to her. He looked her over and saw she wasn't much more then eighteen or nineteen. "I'm alive, not bit or scratched." He said to her, she smiled and walked towards him. He barely had food for himself let alone her but he could not leave her. As she got closer he noticed her firearm was jammed, the slide was pinned back and a bullet casing was lodged in the ejection housing.

"So...Mr. Alive, could you tell me what's going on?" She asked him, Daniel nodded. He was never very friendly with people, let alone women. He wasn't much older then her and she was pretty. He remembered his time in school, a girl like that wouldn't give him a second look. He flustered about in his head for words but he came up short and then after alittle trying he found his tongue. "The dead came back, I've been...ahh surviving..How about you?" He asked. She smiled, she had been living out of the highschool nearby. "I was at school when it all went down, there are about fifteen people there, there is no food and they sent me out to find some." She explained, Daniel sighed, he had planned on scavenging for food there. "I'm Kate, whats your name?" She asked, her blue eyes staring deep into his. Daniel smiled awkwardly and tied back his long black hair. "Daniel...Daniel Howling-Coyote." He said as his eyes drifted from hers.

She smiled, "That is a...different name." She said as she looked away and down at her gun. She held it out to him, "Think you could fix it Danny?" She asked, he took it and pulled the slide back and the spent shell casing popped out and the slide slid back into place, he clicked over the safety and handed it back to her. She watched in amazement at how he handled the gun so effortlessly. "Cool, spent some time around guns huh?" she said as she looked over the pistol. Daniel smiled, remembering his Drill Instructor pounding the functions of each and every firearm into his head as he did two hundred pushups in the rain.

"Yeah, you could say that... former Marine, spent two tours in Iraq." He said to her, he picked up the Radio and tucked it into his belt. "Lets head to your school and see what we can do about food." He said to her and they started walking down the road.

The Walkers finally showed themselves after minutes of waiting. One was a female, about sixty years old in a apron, and the other was a male, no older than a teenager. Logan decided to kill the teenage walker first, as he was closer. He fired off one shot and hit him in the forehead. The teenaged Walker's corpse crumbled to the ground. Logan quickly turned to the older Walker and fired off two shots. One of the two went right through it's neck, the second was right through the left eye.

Just then Logan heard a voice coming from the radio. He ran over to it and transmitted "Corporal. My location is... Grid M-45, right near Route 128. How copy over?"

Lucy came out from under her sleeping bag and ran to hug onto Logan's leg. Myles also ran out from his sleeping bag and looked around the area, clearly disturbed. Logan looked down at Lucy and put his hand on her head. He looked at Myles and smiled.

Edited by AGhostdogg10

The Hand-Radio sounded off just as he and Katie got to the entrance of the ruined school, he pulled the radio from his belt and smiled. "I copy, I am at the..." He said as he looked around, the sign read Humphrey High School. "Humphrey High School, It should be..." He pulled a map from his pack and found Howletts location and his own. "Five miles southwest of your location over."

Katie stood at the door and smiled, "More survivors huh?" She asked as she opened the door, Daniel drew his Mares Leg and stepped inside. The halls were covered in clutter and dirt, some of the lockers had been opened or forces open. Many of the classrooms were torn apart by the panic from the students and teachers. "We are held up in the gym, the last teacher went out to find help and never came back, all the others either ran off or died." She said as she lead him to the Gym. At a quick glance the school seemed clear and it was fairly large but he didn't want to end up in the middle of their situation.

They came into the gym, a group of around twenty kids of varying ages laid in the gym, most had sleeping bags and a large electric heater sat in the center of the room. A tall guy wearing a really tight grey t-shirt that read "Humphrey Timber Wolves." The guy looked over Daniel and offered his hand. "I'm Charles, thanks for bringing my girlfriend back." He said as Daniel took his hand and shook it, he had the feeling this guy was planning on killing him with his goon squad, the four other guys all had baseball bats and were admiring his things. His hand drifted to the grip on his gun as Charles and Katie walked towards the group of kids. Most of them were girls, a few boys and some younger kids. Daniel was the oldest here, coming in at twenty two but it wasn't going to be any good to him, he could see the look in Charles and his friends eyes, they wanted what he had and they were going to kill for it but they can't do it here. Katie had inadvertently lead in him into a trap.

"I gotta use the bathroom." he said to Kate as he turned to leave, he found a bathroom down the hall and drew his Mares Leg, he checked the bullet to find it was a hollowpoint. He heard the men coming down the hall so he drew his hunting knife and levered a round into the chamber, he left his pack under the sink counter and hid in the bathroom stall. He climbed onto the seat and waited.

Charles, Tommy and Nick walked into the bathroom, Tommy and Nick, the twins each held onto their baseball bats and Charles clinched a switchblade in his hand. He knew he was in here, Katie couldn't know that all of the people that came through he Tommy and Nick killed but they needed the supplies. Tommy began opening stalls, Nick checked under the sink and found the mans bow and pack. "Hey Charlie, we got his s***..." He said as he opened his pack and rummaged through it. Daniel smiled and waited, The room was filled with a loud yelp as Nick screamed in pain and pulled his hand free, latched onto his hand was a long white ferret. Charles and Tommy came around as Nick fought with the ferret. As Tommy came around Daniel kicked the door open and Tommy was struck with full force, the door slammed him in the head and knocked him cold. Daniel leapt out with his gun and knife in hand he aimed the gun at Nick as he was about to stab his ferret and held the knife to Charles' back.

"Take your hand's off my ferret and my things, go to the door and wait outside." He instructed Nick, the boy looked down the barrel of his gun and followed his instructions. Now it was just Charlie and Daniel. He slid the knife into his sheath and picked up his pack, his ferret climbed into the bag where it made its home.

"Nice little surprise for anyone trying to rummage around in my things, My guessing is you've done this before. Someone would come through and you would kill them for their food and things..." Daniel said angrily as he aimed his weapon at Charles. Charles had his hands up and smiled. "You think your gonna shoot me? Huh! You aint got the-" He threatened as Daniel pulled the trigger and interrupted him, the shot tore through the mans skull and covered the wall behind him in gore and blood. He holstered his gun and left the bathroom.

As he walked out of the door of the school Katie followed along with him, "I didn't know they were going to do that!" She yelled as she came with him, Daniel stopped and turned to her. His chest pounded in excitement. He never liked killing a man but Charles was a coward and that was different. "Then be the better person, get those kids out of here. There should be a grocery store not far, collect as much food as you can and any weapons and get out of the city limits. You're responsible for them now." He told her as he turned to leave. Katie watched him go, "You could stay and help us..." She told him. Daniel kept moving, "You can help yourselves...you're not my responsibility." He said as he pulled the radio from his belt and the map, he found a Shell station on the map at an intersection about a mile up the road and about three from his location.

"Change of plans Howlett, meet me at the Shell Station about three miles south of your position over." He said into the Radio as he walked.

"Got it. We are heading out now." Logan replied.

He grabbed his M4, then turned to Lucy and Myles and told them "Pack your things, and do it fast. We're leaving." The two preschoolers hurried to grab their few things. In less than a minute the two were finished.
"I was never that happy about leaving somewhere... then again there weren't Walkers when I was at that age."
Logan thought to himself. He couldn't help but think of his father, Colonel John Howlett, and how proud he would be to see his daughter packing her things at the speed of a marine... or somewhat close to the speed of a marine.

Logan took point and kept the kids close to him at all times as the exited the woods and moved south. They passed decaying corpses, wrecked cars and even a crashed Blackhawk helicopter on their way to the Shell station. The trio encountered few Walkers, those that they did encounter were avoided.

After about an hour and a half of hiking (with several 'potty breaks' in-between) they reached the High School. Logan pulled out the radio and spoke into it saying "Corporal, we've reached the school. We're... about thirty minutes out. You at the Shell station?"

Curtis had since reached the High School. He still held Excalibat in his hands. He approached the school, heard sounds of a fight inside. Alarmed, Curtis ducked behind the nearest wall. The sounds finished with a gunshot. Curtis cautiously entered the school, and silently crept aroud until he managed to find the cafeteria. The entire school was wrecked, perhaps a horde of walkers had attacked while classes were in session.

"School's OUT!" He said to himself. He laughed loudly, sounding completely insane. Excalibat was eager, perhaps that attracted some walkers for him to kill.

Returning to a stable state of mind, Curtis looked around the cafeteria and found absolutely nothing. Perhaps whoever else was in the school had eaten it all. He crept out of the school silently, nobody else within the school came to investigate. He was completely shocked to see a living man, let alone two kids, standing outside the school, out in the open. He stopped dead in his tracks, probably looking quite intimidating with most of his face covered. He cocked his head a little at them, and held Excalibat just in case they were bad people.

"You're....real? I'm not completely insane? 'Cause that's a distinct possibility..." He laughed uncontrollably for a few seconds, and then snapped back into seriousness. "Really." He wasn't used to interacting with people other then the things he had assigned personalities to.

Edited by Flipout6

Daniel came around the corner of the intersection and caught a glance of Walkers, the first thing he did was drop and hide in the bushes. His heart started pounding as he reached into his pocket for a mirror and held it high up over his head and looked around. They hadn't seen him, he sighed in relief and left. When he was out of earshot of the Walker herd he clicked on his Radio.

"Stay at the school, the gas station isn't safe I'm on my way there." He said and took off at a run, his breathed steadily and let his muscles carry him as he ran as fast as he could.