Script to add delay between quest stages

Gardden

Hello!

It's my second topic here on the Nexus Forums, and I need help with scripts again, this time to make a delay between quest stages. As I stated in my other topic, my knowledge of scripting is very limited. I learned a few things since then, but I still don't know how to make this work.

If someone needs some context of the quest, here it is:

I'm making a quest for the mod "Witchery Skill". In The Witcher 3 each Witcher school have their own equipment (boots, gauntlets, cuirass, steel and silver swords) with 5 ranks: Basic, Enhanced, Superior and Mastercrafted. In this quest you need to have all the superior rank equipment of a determined school and deliver it to a specific blacksmith so he can make it mastercrafted. After you do that he will ask you to come back to him in 24 hours.

How can I make this delay? Like, he says that you should come back later and then after 24 hours a new dialogue topic will show up saying "I'm back to collect my stuff".

Thanks in advance!

You could RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime with a 24 hour time frame and when that is up, set a global variable to a designated value, use that global variable in the condition statement for the dialog topic. You can also use the update to trigger your quest to display an objective so that the player knows to return and talk to the NPC.

RegisterForSingleUpdateGameTime

OnUpdateGameTime

There may be other alternatives...

How can I make this delay? Like, he says that you should come back later and then after 24 hours a new dialogue topic will show up saying "I'm back to collect my stuff".

If you load up the Dragonborn DLC in the CK, you can look at the quest "Unearthed". It has several points during the quest where you have to wait 3 days before a courier will contact you, so that should at least show how Bethesda did it.

UESP Link: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Unearthed