New PC, New Problems...Life Is Good

LadyHonor

So I got DAO & Awakening installed, added the mods that go in the packages/override folder and decided to go ahead and dive in before I added ALLLLLLLL those dazips.....anyway, played for a little while because of course I did...I had to see how everything looked (WOW)....and it ran smoothly. I played all the way to Flemeth's hut after the Tower of Ishall.....Worked fine so I installed the toolset, restored my database, exported everything....I only have two modules, one for junk (give me stuff) and another is the "biggie".....Then I installed all my official dlcs and went in to check things out again.....Created a new character, ran around a little bit in the "biggie" and went out to install an armor mod I liked. When I went back in, I clicked on resume and it closed. It does it every single time I load a save. I can create a warden and play as long as I want to, but once I try to load a save, it gives my butt the boot. Now I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but I'm just not THAT into the game to where I would want to sit there and play it from start to finish....soooo.....I'm not really sure what's doing it. I've uninstalled all mods and it's still doing it....sooooo….Can I just uninstall DAO & Awakening and then reinstall them without uninstalling the toolset or do I have to uninstall that too?

ok another never mind thing.....i found the culprit BEFORE i uninstalled everything. for some reason, my dao installation isn't liking the thedosian armor mod....which is horrible because i'm retexting it! *cry* oh well....i'll figure it out...maybe. lol

Congrats on the new PC. :smile:

It's probably generally a good practice to test a new installation before adding any mods - but you probably already know that.

Good luck with it.

Thank you. :) My son wanted to try building one and he did good! As for adding the mods, I did play all the way up to the end of Ostagar and it did beautifully. It didn't start acting up until after I started adding mods....and I did figure out which mod broke it....and it wasn't the Thedosian armors mod. It was MINE. It wasn't the first time one of my mods broke my stuff and I'm sure it won't be the last. lol It's fixed and now it's running like a champ. :) I still have a LOT of stuff left to install before I can get my creativity flowing again, tho.

Aw... you have a sweet - and talented - son.

After wanting to for quite awhile, I finally built my own rig ~ 2-1/2 years ago, and really enjoyed the whole process - and the results.

Aye, adopting a new PC is always a painstaking process. You've undoubtedly many files to transfer, much config to set up, etc. I've gotten to the point where I keep detailed notes describing all of the changes I make to get games running the way I like them... not because I change hardware all that often, but because I sometimes end up needing to uninstall a game in order to make room to install something else. The notes make it easier for me to restore things the way I had them, and sometimes I keep backups of some config files I've changed to simply copy over on a fresh installation.

Happy gaming!