Need help with modding

JKuppen

After consideration I decided that this list is too large to start with so I narrowed it down to the following mods:

- Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
- SkyUI
- SSE Engine Fixes
- Noble Skyrim HD 2K
- SMIM
- High Poly Project
- RIS - Real Ice and Snow
- Ethereal Clouds
- Bellyaches Animal and Creature Pack
- Book Covers Skyrim
- Leanwolf's Better Shaped Weapons
- Skysight Skins
- CBBE
- Immersive Armors
- Immersive Weapons
- Cloaks of Skyrim
- JK's Skyrim
- Immersive College of Winterhold
- Enhanced Lights and FX
- Cathedral Weathers
- Skyrim Flora Overhaul
- Realistic Water Two
- T'Skyrim
- Alternate Start
- Run for your lives
- Ars Metallica
- Point the way
- Dawnguard Map Markers
Is this a good list or should I adjust something?
If it's good, would someone be willing to help me install the mods?
Edited by JKuppen

While I appreciate your comparison with beans and ladies and you acting like I am unable to understand the preference of a person, the word 'good' in my question has a different meaning.

The word 'good' in my question is based on the property of functioning; where 'good' means that it is working.

What I am asking is whether or not this list will function properly,

i.e. perhaps I am missing a mod that will lead to a mod in my list not working, perhaps I have a mod in my list that is known to cause a lot of trouble (with another mod for example).

Even though this can usually be found in the description tab of a mod, and you can also find compatibility information, I still prefer someone with more experience to tell me if it will be possible or not.

This leads to my main problem; fortunately Vortex will already set the load order, but I still have to decide on what mods will use their texture (or something else) and what mods will not,

i.e. SMIM and High Poly Project both adjust some object.

With (a lot of mods) I can't get to understand whether or not I have set it so that ModA comes before ModB or vice versa.

I would recommend you not to install more than 1-2 mods at once. After installing a new mod, play a little, look at what's new or different, check if the game is stable, ideally - during at least an hour, also make a pair of new saves and open them. And only then return to installing next mod(s).

With this approach, you will make your own opinion about:

- whether you need this mod or not

- whether you have to change mods order (if you don't see nothing new in the game)

- whether this mod, possibly, makes the game unstable.

It would be useful also to write down on which save you installed a new large or potentially dangerous mod (for possible rollbacks).

Edited by shumkar

JKuppen,

Found today an article thas lists "Rejected" and "Obsolete" mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/807

I noticed one of mods from your last list in this article as "Obsolete":

Ars Metallica [1.2.5 version] - replaced with CCOR.

(remembered "Metallica") :smile:

Edited by shumkar