I don't know if this is possible, but I want it so bad

WakahisaSensei

I don't know if modding PS3 is possible or worth the effort. I don't know if this kind of mod is possible or worth the effort.

But I would love this skin change for kratos in God of War III. I can almost hear it. "Stupid Cerberus! You made me look bad! Ooga booga booga!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/blursedimages/comments/eb6pfy/blursed_kratos/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi WakahisaSensei- Ok, so you will have to forgive me, but I'm afraid that I have bad news.

Sony has a rule that no external assets can be used in their games game decks. Meaning that a custom made texture or mesh is a no-go. :sad:

Aside from that, I haven't ever played GoW on the PS4, so I don't know if the manufacturer of the game has a website to DL mods from, that the PS3 would connect to.

Sorry for the bad news.

Edited by StormWolf01

Hi WakahisaSensei- Ok, so you will have to forgive me, but I'm afraid that I have bad news.

Sony has a rule that no external assets can be used in their games game decks. Meaning that a custom made texture or mesh is a no-go. :sad:

Aside from that, I haven't ever played GoW on the PS4, so I don't know if the manufacturer of the game has a website to DL mods from, that the PS3 would connect to.

Sorry for the bad news.

Yeah. I find it amazing that sony gives people such trouble over this stuff. I mean, if I paid for the console and don't use it to cheat online or do anything illegal, why should they care if I make Kratos into Eustace or not? It's really a shame. I wish more game companies encouraged modding. Some of the most brilliant talent is discovered that way.

I also know for a fact people will break these rules and mod playstations anyway. Might as well use it as a way to scout talent. I think that would be a better business practice. But I don't have the technical knowledge to do it myself, so I guess that's a no go for me.

Hey again! Sorry for the long wait on the response. I don't come out of my den in the FO4 forums too often, LOL.

Uhhhh yeah..... Sony is pretty draconian with their control of their game systems. They have been, for many, many years. I remember when it came to light that they could remote BRICK your deck, if they found you violating their TOS.

There's a few gaming companies that encourage the modders. I know that back in the day (it's been a pretty long minute, almost 10 years) since I had anything to do with Bioware, but I know that they were pretty good to us, as far as the Dragon Age and Mass Effect Games. I do also know that like you were saying, a lot of good talent got scouted out from the modders, by Bioware.

Eh, well... as far as modding the decks, I'm afraid I've got nothing on that. The only decks I've played on belonged to friends of mine. I'm pretty much PC only since the mid 90's.

Speaking of which.... Sony is definitely a very Japanese Culture driven company. I worked in a couple of their warehouses, waaaaay back in (I think) '92. Yeah. Wow. That was a bad experience that I don't wanna repeat. Most of the regular joe's were great. Upper management? All of them....? Yeah, not so much.