Fallout 4 objects turn black and then CTD

Supersauger

Hello,

some objects turn black after playing few hours (https://imgur.com/a/uXGnNjR). Then it CTDs if I want to use my pid boy (pressing tab button). I am using mods and I already did a clean install and reduced the amount of mods.

Here is my mod list:

0 0 Fallout4.esm
1 1 DLCRobot.esm
2 2 DLCworkshop01.esm
3 3 DLCCoast.esm
4 4 DLCworkshop02.esm
5 5 DLCworkshop03.esm
6 6 DLCNukaWorld.esm
7 7 Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
8 8 HUDFramework.esm
9 9 SimSettlements.esm
10 a BostonFPSFixAIO.esp
11 b K9TacticalHarness.esp
12 c MG42.esp
13 d Scopes.esp
14 e SKKCombatStalkers.esp
15 f W.A.T.Minutemen.esp
16 10 MilitarizedMinutemen.esp
17 11 EG7.esp
18 12 MA37.esp
19 13 MisriahArmory.esp
20 14 MjolnirMKVB.esp
21 15 M60.esp
22 16 Ak5C.esp
23 17 G36Complex.esp
24 18 F4NVServiceRifleRedux.esp
25 19 WattzLaserGun.esp
26 1a Wana_SA58.esp
27 1b llamaCompanionHeather.esp
28 1c AK74M.esp
29 1d RU556.esp
30 1e BullpupBozar.esp
31 1f AK400.esp
32 20 AQUILA.esp
33 21 ehtyeci_MPX.esp
34 22 G3Family.esp
35 23 MP7.esp
36 24 HK_MP5.esp
37 25 HK_UMP.esp
38 26 KrissVector.esp
39 27 McMillanCS5.esp
40 28 PL-14.esp
41 29 Quad_Accelerator.esp
42 2a RAW INPUT.esp
43 2b RussianAssaultPack.esp
44 2c SKKSettlementAttackSystem.esp
45 2d Vivid Fallout - All in One - Best Performance.esp
46 2e Scrap Everything - Ultimate Edition.esp
PC Specs:
GTX1080
r7 1700 @3.6Ghz
16GB RAM
Game and mods are both installed on the same ssd.
I also activated tripple buffering in the nvidia control panel.
And I am using the mod load accelarator.
If you need some further information then feel free to ask me.
I hope someone has a solution for my problem.

• 4 months later...

This exact same issue is happening to me and I'm wondering if you managed to figure out a fix for it. I'm using way less mods as well. This issue happens to me after about 2-3 hours of playing.

Load order:

Fallout4.esm

DLCRobot.esm

DLCworkshop01.esm

DLCCoast.esm

DLCworkshop02.esm

DLCworkshop03.esm

DLCNukaWorld.esm

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp

Unofficial Fallout 4 FDI Patch.esp

NSA All-in-One.esp

NW-WeStillFriendsPreston.esp

I am also using Full Dialogue Interface, Load Accelerator and Achievements Mods Enabler

practically same PC specs

Edited by Kerfindo

• 4 months later...

I'm going on a hunch and saying it could possibly be driver related. Recently updated my drivers and this started happening to me as well. Happens after a good few hours of solid gameplay, too. Pain in the ass.

I never did figure it out, I personally am speculating that its Load Accelerator with certain gpus. Thats the only common similarity I have seen with people who posted having this issue. Might try to play without it and deal with the minute long load times and see if it happens or not. Not many people running into this that I can find and hard to test since it only happens after multiple hours of play at a time.

Edit: Seems like this is correct, After going 10+ hours of playing I did not getting anymore black texture crashes removing the files for Load Accelerator. Either this is a coincidence, or this is what was the cause.

Edited by Kerfindo

• 4 weeks later...

It's a coincidence, i played without load accel and also had it, now i play with and still have it.
It's something in the basegame, vanilla fallout does the same after a few hours.
It used to just give all kinds of rainbow colors, i nailed that down to a hot card, but when i got my card cooled properly, it started to get all black stuff flickering, and sometimes just random ctd.
So i tried vanilla without mods, new game, same s***, ctd after a few hours.

It might be driver related, i had a AMD card before and there i didn't have the problem, now i have NVidia and i have that ctd problem.
Since i play survival, i had to use a mod that svaes every ten minutes cause it costed me hours of gameplay time and again.

bethesda just doesn't know haw to make a engine work properly, to many hardcoded script errors in that engine.
They need to stop smoking mariuhana and clean up their act, because they are stoned all the time they make silly mistakes.
It is well known that they are stoners, i have been one in my youth, and i know where it leads too in scripting, dumb mistakes.

Edited by Marcurios

@Marcurios "Sobriety is over-rated; many of the biggest problems in the world today are caused by stone-cold sober people". :sad:

Anyway, had suspected it was just texture/VRAM/RAM overflow, bad memory culling by OS, or CPU too busy to uncompress BA2s properly.

maybe conflicting formIDs.

Have had black ((V)RAM suspect) and purple (BA2/CPU suspect).

Eventually, it can just happen like that. Other times it works perfectly.

Different mods, and load order appear to have an impact (overhead) as well as cooling (efficiency) could play a roll.

unpacking some heavy textures.BA2 may help as well.

Assuming it is a general issue, not system/driver specific.

I had this same issue for a long time. I eventually did narrow it down to Load Accelerator. e.g. after removing it the black meshes shortly followed by a CTD stopped. Then I was coping with the long load times when I found a thread somewhere that mentioned using an ENB with the speed hack fixed it. That worked for me and then I was able to use the Load Accelerator again and the issues hasn't happened since.

@Blinxys Sorry I meant the ENB boost that is included with it's download. I hadn't see the fix you linked to. Is that fix superior to Load Accelerator? If it fixes load times and doesn't cause the black texture CTD then that may be what the OP is looking for.

I also had a similar random low res texture issue. For me it wasn't just billboards, posters and mags though. It was random and effected a lot of other things e.g. sidewalks, roads, walls, and, ground textures. I was able to fix it by setting ForceVideoMemorySize=true and adjusting the VideoMemorySizeMb property in the enblocal.ini. Strangely I had to lower the VideoMemorySizeMb property to 4096 and it fixed the low res texture issues for me.