Body Bags / Body Compactor Gun / Transport dead Animals

LeonardR

Hello!

I'm really missing the option to efficiently transport animal (and human) bodies. I'd like to go hunting to supply my settlements with food. It's nice to have an auto-butcher (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15429) in my settlement, but what use is that, if I have to manually and clumsily drag the Radstag 2 miles back to my settlement? If you ever tried to manually drag a body in Fallout 4, you know how frustrating this can be.

Use cases for this mod:
1. Transport animal / human body for further industrial processing
2. Transport body to use it as a trophy / raider base decoration
3. Minify bodies to clean up the map / settlement
4. Move bodies that are too heavy to be dragged
5. Move bodies through transition zones

I'd love a gun that "compresses" bodies into compact cubes that I can pick up and carry in my inventory. Maybe I could throw the cubes like grenades to restore the body to its former size?

There were some mods for Fallout 4 that tried to do this (or similar things), but they are so buggy that they are unusable:

- https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27288
- https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15979

I remember there was a body bag mod for Fallout NV (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/43319). Maybe this could be another idea. Just anything really! :tongue:

I am aware that you could find a workaround for some of the use cases. There are mods to remove corpses from the map, and there are mods that add corpses as decoration to the workshop. And there are mods that decrease the weight of bodies, so you can lift them easier in vanilla. But this is not what I'm talking about. It just pains my heart to leave all the dead animals (caugh caugh) behind after taking a piece of meat from them. It's such a waste! It'd be good to know that none of that would go to waste.

Edited by LeonardR

I want something like this so I can do things like find one of each type of creature (Alien, Pink Ghoul, Glowing Ghoul, Painted Ghoul, etc) and put them in tanks for scientific study like those found in the Institute and those in the Pre-War facility the Mechanist set up shop in.

Maybe the empty tanks are a build menu container and then you can display a bipedal body you have transported in the way you have described.

I know that there's the dog mannequin mod but still none for Super Mutants, this mod could allow you to taxidermy one whole and then display SM armour on them.

Ok, I've been thinking about this. And it's been too long since I've done any serious scripting to know how to do this, and I dunno ANY of the references that FO4 uses.

But there's my idea on how the first request MIGHT be accomplished, from some other game experience.

A UI method to target the intended corpse.... as Leonard mentioned, something like a gun or other reasonable object. so as to be able to get the ID number for the container, or I dunno, maybe the game has to have a list of available container types, for the corpse.

Once proper ID is gained, delete the in game container/corpse from the game.

Set a record of the info from the corpse to file. I dunno, maybe a .ini file? Or to holotape? (I'm really sorry, I have NO clue how holotapes are made, how they work, only that some truly fantastic things can be done with them.)

Then thru that holope, have a script to spawn a container/corpse of similar properties, such as if it's a brahmin, spawn a brahmin corpse. But in the cases of humans, you're probly not gonna want to try to get an exact likeness. Theres actually quite a bit of morph info in every human character.

Now, the reason why I keep calling them containers is because I know that they have inventory, and in a couple of the other games that I'd seen they were created by the game as containers. If that's not the case here as well, most definitely please correct me!

Absol, I do not know if a corpse can be made permanent, for deco. In pretty much every game I've seen that has corpses that fall to the ground, there's a timer attached to them. That timer dictates when they will be deleted. (Other than in games where the corpse just vanishes, and leaves it's loot behind.)

Yeah, those timers can be extended, but not indefinitely. There's also factors, of whether or not settlement respawns would affect them or not, which I dunno. It's definitely possible to add some kind of craft item loot to them, that could be used for crafting the deco items or the mannequin/display cases that you're talking about.

Back when I played UO, we were allowed to make private servers. That game, when you died, it left a container/corpse of your body behind. We made mods that would let you pick them up, and carry them back home to use as temporary storage chests, or trophies of somebody else that we killed in PVP, LOL. But yeah, they were temporary. And in that game, when you logged out, it would start the decay timer on it.

Edited by StormWolf01