Villified to Idolized

ByteSizeMetal

Recently I had the idea that all factions should be fully recoverable from the vilified status, even if it might not be entirely logical. If you max negative and positive rep, you get stuck at wild child. I was hoping a modder with decent experience would be willing to make a mod that adds the following things.

1) Assuming you are at vilified, you can make your way to wild child like normal, however now you can continue to receive positive rep that subtracts from your infamy while maintaining your positive rep thus getting you closer to idolized. Should also be noted that this can be reversed to have a player go from idolized to wild child, and then to vilified as well.

2) For concerns of not being able to obtain enough rep to bring a player to idolized from wild child, there should be npc's added to each faction that allow donations to increase rep, such as Julie farkas does with the followers of the apocalypse. We could even slow the progress by about 3,4 times the amount to make it punishing for players to piss off factions if they wish to recover their standing. But at least it will be possible.

I really would love to see this mod become reality.

I'm unaware of any mod similar to what I suggested.

Thank you :smile:

If interested my Discord is - ByteSize#9324

I will update the status of this post regarding if anyone volunteers

Edited by ByteSizeMetal

I'd really like for it to work like it did way back in the MMO Everquest, where if you started killing certain factions, the faction that hated you would start to like you.

I'd love to have that dynamic in all of the Bethesda games.

This is an interesting concept, and I somewhat could see someone wanting that. However, that could probably be introduced in another mod separately and be used with this one for more interesting faction dynamic.

appreciate your input though.

edit: Worth noting that in lonesome road, I do believe there is a dynamic like that where you nuke one side and the other opposing faction loves you for it. I may be wrong about that though.

Edited by ByteSizeMetal