download still capped after buying premium

vcprod

I bought premium again today for some bigger mods and no matter what server I try non of them goes above 2mb, I already restarted browser and vortex logged in and out again but still won't get more than 2mb my dl speed is 100mbs

edit: using 10 threads in vortex fixed it

• 4 weeks later...

That's not really a solution but a workaround though. It still means that individual threads are being throttled. But Vortex doesn't throttle anything and neither do our servers throttle individual download threads afaik so this might be on the ISP or Router QoS settings.

The best reason to go Premium is to support the site and it's vast repository of free mods.

Whether it benefits you on download speeds is another issue.

If you are currently hitting the 1 MB cap consistently, you will almost surely benefit.

If the best your ISP can manage is 750 KB - you will not benefit unless the Premium servers are less loaded. Even then your delays are probably ISP related.

Using 10 threads is still not fixing it for me... is there something particularly weird with the Skyrim SSE Legacy of the Dragonborn mod? My download speed (even at 1 thread) would shoot up to download all the other mods I've decided I want, but for this mod in particular, even after going premium, bumping up to 10 threads, re-starting the download from scratch, and restarting vortex multiple times, I'm consistently not managing to hit even 50 KB/sec.

Using 10 threads is still not fixing it for me... is there something particularly weird with the Skyrim SSE Legacy of the Dragonborn mod? My download speed (even at 1 thread) would shoot up to download all the other mods I've decided I want, but for this mod in particular, even after going premium, bumping up to 10 threads, re-starting the download from scratch, and restarting vortex multiple times, I'm consistently not managing to hit even 50 KB/sec.

Have you tried to download the problem mod manually?

Have you tried to download the problem mod manually?

Yes, but I find when vortex works, it goes much faster than manual downloads through a browser do for me. I may just do that instead, but downloading a 1gig+ mod is gonna be rough.