[Mod Request] High stakes poker!

LucrassKelvac

As the name suggests, I want to see high stakes poker dang it! D:< We had it in the first Red Dead Redemption, however, Rockstar decided to keep it in a single mission. I suspect the reason why they didn't want to add to many repeatable things, like high stakes poker or repeatable bounty missions, is because they are constantly trying to push us to play the online. Something I couldn't care less to do. >:(! With that said, adding a mod that gives us high stakes poker might be easier to achieve. Simply put, I would love a mod that adjusts the buy-in for Saint Denis Saloon and Blackwater Saloon to 200 dollars instead of 5. Then adjust the buy-in for smaller saloons like Valentine from 2.50 to 20 dollars. In RDR1 I use to love playing poker in Blackwater after completing a bounty mission, win or lose, it was great! A 5 dollar buy-in at a table with WELL DRESSED GENTLEMEN, seems atrocious to me. Seeing as they don't seem fit to price things realistically, (E.G. Chocolate bars costing 1.50 in 1899) I want to see better potential wins in poker. WIll make it feel worth it!

cfhwoe7b8lc21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Seconding, once you get very rich the 5 dollar buy in becomes trivial. You need a way to lose your fortune to give you a reason for robbing more, though i suppose they figured if players lose hundreds of dollars after the main story is over, there is no easy way to get it back via robbery.

Seconding, once you get very rich the 5 dollar buy in becomes trivial. You need a way to lose your fortune to give you a reason for robbing more, though i suppose they figured if players lose hundreds of dollars after the main story is over, there is no easy way to get it back via robbery.

Actually you can make money back quite easily xD. I easily make several hundred to a thousand every time I go on hunting trips. I also have high honor, so I get the maximum discount on prices. I buy the black Arabian horses from Saint Denis for about 500, work up their bonding to max and sell them for around 1000. I usually do this on hunting trips, so I'll spend lots of time out hunting for pelts and bonding with my horse. Once the horse is fully bonded, I finally head back to a town with a stable, sell the pelts and the Arabian and pick up my original Black Arabian and go play poker. I'm going through various clothing shops and buying up all the clothes. I'm currently in the epilogue and playing as a healthy Arthur, (Thanks to the save editor by xb36hazzard found at this link https://x3t-infinity.com/RDR_SE) When I changed to a healthy Arthur I reduced my money to 0 and went north to the snowy mountains and stayed there for a while hunting. So, in the end, I still made quite a lot of money just hunting and doing various other tasks.

(Also a side note when you change your character to Arthur, all the stranger missions will use HIS dialogue, and yes he has access to ALL his skills including his level 5 deadeye marking abilities)

• 1 month later...

As the name suggests, I want to see high stakes poker dang it! D:< We had it in the first Red Dead Redemption, however, Rockstar decided to keep it in a single mission. I suspect the reason why they didn't want to add to many repeatable things, like high stakes poker or repeatable bounty missions, is because they are constantly trying to push us to play the online. Something I couldn't care less to do. >:(! With that said, adding a mod that gives us high stakes poker might be easier to achieve. Simply put, I would love a mod that adjusts the buy-in for Saint Denis Saloon and Blackwater Saloon to 200 dollars instead of 5. Then adjust the buy-in for smaller saloons like Valentine from 2.50 to 20 dollars. In RDR1 I use to love playing poker in Blackwater after completing a bounty mission, win or lose, it was great! A 5 dollar buy-in at a table with WELL DRESSED GENTLEMEN, seems atrocious to me. Seeing as they don't seem fit to price things realistically, (E.G. Chocolate bars costing 1.50 in 1899) I want to see better potential wins in poker. WIll make it feel worth it!

cfhwoe7b8lc21.jpg

yes! please, a high stakes poker modyes! please, a high stakes poker mod

Edited by aldebaran8435

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Honestly, back when the game was released I did not even expect to get this kind of feature as playing poker! Honestly, I was really surprised to get it, however I really like it. And yeah, you are right, we really need a mod for high stakes poker! Just like it was done with the watch dogs 2. I was saying this to a friend of mine, who is a die hard fan of the dead redemption 2, and he told me that if I want high stakes, I should play real poker, as it is just a game! He even gave me his account on uwin33my.com so I do not bother him with this anymore :DD.

Edited by Ireerida

Honestly, back when the game was released I did not even expect to get this kind of feature as playing poker! Honestly, I was really surprised to get it, however I really like it. And yeah, you are right, we really need a mod for high stakes poker! Just like it was done with the watch dogs 2. I was saying this to a friend of mine, who is a die hard fan of the dead redemption 2, and he told me that if I want high stakes, I should play real poker, as it is just a game! He even gave me his account on uwin33my.com so I do not bother him with this anymore :DD.

The poker gamess in watch dogs 2 are actually terrible