Animated Gemstones

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

Drexxl

Drexxl

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 72 posts
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Love them all. The only problem is now all the others look like crap next to yours. Would love to see you do more, especially prismatic shard since it is supposed to be the most valuable and pales in comparison to your gems. Happily endorsed! Thank you!!!

CatDragonbane

CatDragonbane

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 131 posts
Was wondering when I would see someone use Content Patcher Animations. I was so intrigued when I saw it, I downloaded it just for the test Prismatic Shard. Really looking forward to seeing these in game. Thank you and I hope to see this expanded!

dreamschild

dreamschild

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
These are beautiful! I hope you do the rest of the gems, now the originals look like garbage against these beauties.

ladyblooky

ladyblooky

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
This is so amazing, do more pleeease

dreamschild

dreamschild

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The new gems are gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful! I love how you animated all of them and your style.

herculyys

herculyys

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
This mod has problems to work with SpriteMaster that causes flickering.

There is a setting in SpriteMaster to blacklist tiles in config.toml

Found that the minerals are at springobjects file, so i tried removing from Whitelist and adding to Blacklist = ["Maps\\springobjects"] but doesn't seem to work, the flickering continues.

Anyway to fix so they can work together?

Edited by herculyys, 04 January 2020 - 06:50 PM.

undare

undare

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
In response to post #76239458.

Spoiler

SpriteMaster uses Harmony and some heavy .dll stuff. (Harmony patches the game really hard)
If there is a workaround, should be on its end.

btw..
Blacklist = ["Maps\\springobjects"]
Is that well written?
it has double \\

Sorry if i cant help you further but, it seems that mod (While beautiful) has quite an amount of bugs and conflicts.

herculyys

herculyys

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
In response to post #76239458. #76242163 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

thanks, i have asked on SpriteMaster page if there is a fix too.

Keep going with this amazing work, your gemstones are beautiful.

mkukli

mkukli

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
In response to post #76239458. #76242163, #76244808 are all replies on the same post.

Spoiler

The reason it is failing is due to an incompatibility with spacechase0/ContentPatcherAnimations. It is implemented by using GetData/SetData every time it wants to update an animation, which forces SpriteMaster to clear that texture's resampled data and recalculate it, which you see as flickering.

There's three solutions to this:

1. Update CPA so that it updates draw calls instead of copying texture data around.
2. Add blacklist or force-synchronization functionality to SpriteMaster for this.
3. Patch CPA using Harmony from SpriteMaster, detecting and blocking the SetData call but updating it in the Draw call. SpriteMaster would handle that fine.

DZK312

DZK312

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
These are so beautiful and majestic and I love them :O
Two things I want to suggest:
1) Even if you are not able to find some way to animate the bland non-gem types of minerals, could you at least resprite non-animated versions of them to match the theme of your gemstones so it all looks cohesive? As for the marble you should animate like a cartoon-style sheen that swipes across the surface, and the celestine(?) (light blue angel wing-looking one) could sparkle or luster at the edge
2) You should expand to other items, and I suggest you start with the solar and void essence, those would look cool with your style (if you could like make some movement like flaring fire for solar and swirling vortex for void). Also the rainbow shell redone with your style would be great :O

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.028 seconds