OBSE failure to launch oblivion.

Dakken1

I am running the current version of oblivion. I purchased game of the year so I also have the expansions. When I run game normal it loads fine and all seems well. When I try to load with OBSE I do not get anything. It brings up the little prompt window for about 4 seconds then closes and thats all that happens. I deleted OBSE and re downloaded it a few times. It is in the correct place, same file as my oblivion game. C:\Drive\Installed Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion. all three of the copied files are there. I tried running as administrator. I have also went in through right clicking all 3 to make sure they arent blocked there. I have located a few things to give more spacifics. First it gives me an error saying could not inject DLL. In the obse loader notepad this is the entry.

crc = 7934C86C

dll = C:\Drive\Installed Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_1_2_416.dll

hookBase = 001D0000

loadLibraryAAddr = 75C549BF

Process::InstallHook: waiting for thread = WAIT_TIMEOUT

Couldn't inject dll.

terminating oblivion process

Now I have another error log my comp keeps. Here is the entry for that log.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

-<WERReportMetadata> -<OSVersionInformation> <WindowsNTVersion>6.1</WindowsNTVersion> <Build>7601 Service Pack 1</Build> <Product>(0x3): Windows 7 Home Premium</Product> <Edition>HomePremium</Edition> <BuildString>7601.17944.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333</BuildString> <Revision>1130</Revision> <Flavor>Multiprocessor Free</Flavor> <Architecture>X64</Architecture> <LCID>1033</LCID> </OSVersionInformation> -<ParentProcessInformation> <ParentProcessId>10532</ParentProcessId> <ParentProcessPath>C:\Drive\Installed Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe</ParentProcessPath> <ParentProcessCmdLine>"C:\Drive\Installed Games\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\obse_loader.exe" </ParentProcessCmdLine> </ParentProcessInformation> -<ProblemSignatures> <EventType>APPCRASH</EventType> <Parameter0>Oblivion.exe</Parameter0> <Parameter1>1.2.0.416</Parameter1> <Parameter2>462392c7</Parameter2> <Parameter3>appinit_dll.dll_unloaded</Parameter3> <Parameter4>0.0.0.0</Parameter4> <Parameter5>4f2e6809</Parameter5> <Parameter6>c0000005</Parameter6> <Parameter7>5ab2aa33</Parameter7> </ProblemSignatures> -<DynamicSignatures> <Parameter1>6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3</Parameter1> <Parameter2>1033</Parameter2> <Parameter22>0a9e</Parameter22> <Parameter23>0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789</Parameter23> <Parameter24>0a9e</Parameter24> <Parameter25>0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789</Parameter25> </DynamicSignatures> -<SystemInformation> <MID>8A751CBC-6B75-4B5D-91DA-9329ECAA780A</MID> <SystemManufacturer>To Be Filled By O.E.M.</SystemManufacturer> <SystemProductName>To Be Filled By O.E.M.</SystemProductName> <BIOSVersion>P1.00</BIOSVersion> </SystemInformation> </WERReportMetadata>

I can run the game if I launch normal but OBSE simply isnt loading or running. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Dakken

A couple of questions:

Did you download OBSE from the official silverlock site?

What version of Oblivion do you have (OBSE won't work with the D2D version, for example).

A couple of questions:

What version of Oblivion do you have (OBSE won't work with the D2D version, for example).

I did DL it from the official site. I have the game of the year retail disks. They do not use steam, they are simply installed from the 2 disks that came in the package.

A couple of questions:

I did DL it from the official site. I have the game of the year retail disks. They do not use steam, they are simply installed from the 2 disks that came in the package.

Ok, then check that your computer's security (anti-virus / firewall etc.) is not preventing the injection of the OBSE dlls. Try disabling all security temporarily.

[

Ok, then check that your computer's security (anti-virus / firewall etc.) is not preventing the injection of the OBSE dlls. Try disabling all security temporarily.

Disabled all things, which would be AVG antivirus, malwarebytes, and windows firewall. No change to the situation.

Hmmm, curious. I wonder, then, if you have a RAM issue. It might be worth checking your RAM with MemTest+ -- you have nothing to lose.

already tried that as well as a few other hardware checks, all seems fine there. For some reason OBSE simply does not want to open the game.

Hmmm, curious. I wonder, then, if you have a RAM issue. It might be worth checking your RAM with MemTest+ -- you have nothing to lose.

already tried that as well as a few other hardware checks, all seems fine there. For some reason OBSE simply does not want to open the game.

In that case, I have nothing else to suggest except for a complete uninstall / re-install of both Oblivion and OBSE -- when all else fails...

In that case, I have nothing else to suggest except for a complete uninstall / re-install of both Oblivion and OBSE -- when all else fails...

still not working, thanks for trying though.

• 1 year later...