13 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033,956 posts
Wintersun - Ancient Nordic Pantheon of Skyrim

This replaces the original Wintersun esp with my edits to the Animal Gods worship, or the Old Ways, to save on your load order.

Endrjunexus

Endrjunexus

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
Does it change images on the claws as well?

HighOnez

HighOnez

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
In response to post #76000638.

Spoiler

No. Only edits to Wintersun's Old Ways religion.

markz6197

markz6197

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
Love it for the additional tidbits. Thanks, man.
If only the base game incorporated these instead of the Imperial Pantheon.

HighOnez

HighOnez

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
I'm always open to suggestions. If you want to voice out one, I'll take it into consideration.

Dragonlordgaming

Dragonlordgaming

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
For the mod can you add the ability for imperials to worship the gods, due to some of the northern provinces in cyrodyiil and the southern provinces in Skyrim having mixed populations of both nords and imperials it would be more than likely for some imperials to have worshiped the gods alongside evidence of some of them already worshiping kyne, Mara, and shor.

Edited by Dragonlordgaming, 02 January 2020 - 08:58 PM.

HighOnez

HighOnez

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts
In response to post #76184228.

Spoiler

Can't really say that I agree with the idea. The Old Ways were mainly worshiped by the Ancient Nords and Atmorans. Not so much the Nedes and Imperials.

HannaVictoria

HannaVictoria

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
In response to post #76184228. #76282058 is also a reply to the same post.

Spoiler

True but that doesn't exactly stop anyone who's ancestors from Italy, Kenya or Korea from worshiping the real life Norse pantheon.
But real talk, your playing as a mysterious stranger who's entangled with anceint forces- one that depending on how your playing it, might be going hardcore native regardless whether their a Nord, a Breton, or a Khajit.
One of the answers your High Elf dragonborn can give to 'why do you fight for the Stormcloaks' is "Skyrim belongs to the Nords!" That's not any larger of a cognitive dissonance than taking the race restrictions off some or all of the faiths.
Or at least allowing them to be removed under certain conditions.
Though come to think maybe I should put all this on the original mod's page?
(PS Sorry, I ramble)

HannaVictoria

HannaVictoria

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
This makes so much more sense. We learned from Froki that the Old Ways were different from the Nine. Though he wasn't super clear as to how, aside from introducing us to the trail of Kyne.

...Does it blow anyone's mind that the mage god Julianos was a native and beloved part of old Nord society. Jhunal god of hermetic orders, celebrated as the bringer of the writen word and honored by bards. Then he just *faded* into nothing.
I feel like he'll be trendy again once the ES world has its version of the romanticism movement.

Rinvah

Rinvah

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Great lore friendly mod! Also what armor is that in the picture??

Page loaded in: 1.098 seconds