Hello,

I've been playing Skyrim LE and SSE on both consoles and pc for a while, and modding games, but haven't ever really learned how to use the creation kit, and I'm trying to finally do that and starting small.

There are two mods I frequently use on play-throughs, but that have a very minor conflict, for which I've not seen a patch, so I was going to make one just for my own use.

The two mods are Windhelm Docks Pathways, by Urtho, which adds a walkway from the main Windhelm bridge down to the docks; and Hidden Hideouts (City) by lesi123, which adds a small shed basement as the hideout for Windhelm. Like the other city hideouts, there is one entrance from within the City 'worldspace' and one out into the exterior Tamriel worldspace.

There are patches for Better Docks and Open Cities for the Windhelm docks mod, and a modular installer for the Hideouts mod, but I haven't seen other patches.

The issue I have when using both mods, is that when exiting the Shed basement from the Hideouts mod into Tamriel, the walkway added by the other mod covers up the doorway, leaving you in a 'limbo' space. You can open the console and use tcl and airwalk up to the walkway, but this is obviously immersion breaking.

What I want to do is move the exterior 'Tamriel' door from the Hideouts City/ Windhelm mod upwards and over a bit so that the door marker puts the player onto the docks walkway from the Windhelm Docks mod.

Since I'm new at this, I thought I would ask experienced creation kit modders how to go about making the patch. Do I need to modify either of the two affected mods directly, or create my own empty mod as the active file to hold my patch and load it after the two mods?

I assume I just load whatever esm masters are required by the two affected mods, but do I also need to load each of them? I really only need the Windhelm docks mod to correctly verify that the door positioning is correct once the patch is running; the only actual modification is to the door position in the Hideouts mod.

Thanks!