ShepardRyderSR2

EDIT : TOPIC CLOSED

Hi, i recently, for the first time ever, use mods for a pc game (cause now, i got a REAL pc to use mods on). Im french and i understand english, but having the game in french and some stuff in english is a little bit boring, even if, like i said before, i understand english.

So i would like to be present and help those who maybe would like to use a game with mods, in full french.

And my questions is how to proceed ?

-Should i open each files of the mod folder, create a blank one and copy the original mod and just wrote in french ? or something like that ?

Please if you know how to act on that, i would be SOOOO happy to help the community to translate the game in french, to improve gaming experience, mine included.

Thanks, i hope you guys understand what i want to explain, if not, dont hesitate to tell me what you dont got.

Thanks again, have a great day

Edited by SheparRyderSR2

Hi, i recently, for the first time ever, use mods for a pc game (cause now, i got a REAL pc to use mods on). Im french and i understand english, but having the game in french and some stuff in english is a little bit boring, even if, like i said before, i understand english.

So i would like to be present and help those who maybe would like to use a game with mods, in full french.

-Should i open each files of the mod folder, create a blank one and copy the original mod and just wrote in french ? or something like that ?

Please if you know how to act on that, i would be SOOOO happy to help the community to translate the game in french, to improve gaming experience, mine included.

Thanks, i hope you guys understand what i want to explain, if not, dont hesitate to tell me what you dont got.

And btw how can i contact the author ?

so i had to ask every mod authors BEFORE start translate ? i cant just translate and propre to the author ?

Anyway, i still dont know how to actually open/and or translate what i want

You can do whatever you like for personal use. If you want to upload changes to mods to share with other users, you'd need the original authors' permission.

You might want to take a look at the permissions listed on the mod pages. As an example, the permissions tab of this mod explicitly states: A. Permissions for this mod are "closed". Any usage beyond playing, or alterations beyond a user's personal, private modifications, requires my express permission.

B. You may not distribute, re-use, convert, translate, update, or modify, ME3Re or any of its contents without my express permission.

Each mod and author can specify the permissions of their choosing.

There are a couple of ways you can get in touch with mod authors.

1. Select the "posts" tab on the mod page and see if the author is currently active there. You could post your offer to translate the work there. The mod author might help you incorporate the translated text into the original work.

2. The other option is to send them a private message. Click on the link under "Uploaded By" to visit their profile page, then click on the "contact" button to initiate a private conversation with them.

so i had to ask every mod authors BEFORE start translate ? i cant just translate and propre to the author ?

Anyway, i still dont know how to actually open/and or translate what i want

You can do whatever you like for personal use. If you want to upload changes to mods to share with other users, you'd need the original authors' permission.

You might want to take a look at the permissions listed on the mod pages. As an example, the permissions tab of this mod explicitly states: A. Permissions for this mod are "closed". Any usage beyond playing, or alterations beyond a user's personal, private modifications, requires my express permission.

B. You may not distribute, re-use, convert, translate, update, or modify, ME3Re or any of its contents without my express permission.

Each mod and author can specify the permissions of their choosing.

There are a couple of ways you can get in touch with mod authors.

1. Select the "posts" tab on the mod page and see if the author is currently active there. You could post your offer to translate the work there. The mod author might help you incorporate the translated text into the original work.

2. The other option is to send them a private message. Click on the link under "Uploaded By" to visit their profile page, then click on the "contact" button to initiate a private conversation with them.

Thx, Pasquale1223 i actually had the help i need on a discord for how to translate the mods, now its done, i only had to wait answer for mod creator ;p thx again for your help ;p