Why won't they stop following me?

So I'm trying to make a store front and I have everything set up (from NPCs to keys to schedules to decked out interiors) just the way I want it. However, I have a problem. The store owner and his assistant follow my all over in the store and its annoying, I'd really like to at least get the owner to stand behind the counter and preferably get his assistant to do some idle animation. I'm pretty new, I've played with the other Creation Kits so I have a basic idea of what I'm doing but I'm not very good at the AI (never dived this far) so any help would really be appreciated as I'm beginning to feel like it's just not possible in the Construction Set.

Edited by JeromyRocker12

Have a look at Varel Morvayn and Enilroth in Anvil and/or Tun-Zeeus and Eitar in Leyawiin and compare their AI Packages and what you have set up so far. The following behaviour could also be a consequence of being there after the shop hours say it's closed (look at the home owner wander packages for examples of that, as well as the shop owners).

I looked and they were the same, but I had been comparing to Rohssan's packages. While thinking about it though it occurred to me the in most shops the player never leaves the shop keeps FOV in the first place so they never have a reason to move. I tested it and ran into some little corners in a few shops and sure enough the shop keep would run from their place to watch me. Maybe further comparison to Inn keepers? I never seem to get followed to my room now that I think of it.

Edited by JeromyRocker12

All of the AI flags are best left unchecked until you absolutely need to use one to get the result you want to achieve.

One thing that took me the longest to appreciate is what you can do with the order that packages are listed for an NPC. The game processes from the top of the list to the bottom each time it evaluates which comes to great advantage when wanting certain conditions to cause a package to execute and have it ignored when those conditions aren't met. Chronological can't achieve that.

- Edit - The full explanation for their following behaviour is explained on the UESP Wiki page Flags on Packages (see Continue if PC near at the top).

Edited by Striker879