New to mods, cant figure out error code. PLEASE HELP!

Football77guy

Hello, as you can tell from reading the topic title I'm new to mods and PC as a whole.

i installed a few mods and when i tried to start a new game i was greeted by "RaceMenu Error(s): You are running SKSE Version 0.0.0.0 expected 2.0.7.56 or greater. NiOveride plugin not detected, various features may be unavailable. CharGer script not detected, various features may be unavailable. Error Codes: (0)(3)(6)"

I've tried to manually update it via steam and got the same above mentioned message, I have no idea how to fix the issues. if anyone is able to help that would be wonderful. also please break down the instructions as much as possible like your talking to a 5 year old because even at age 22 I have pretty much no computer experience. I can provide a mod list a later date, I get a server error message when I try to attach at the bottom.

(I made sure they were SKSE mods because yesterday I had a mix of basic skyrim and SKSE mods and assumed that was part of my issue.)

Thank you!

I'm not sure i can solve your issue but i can give you some pointers. Download LOOT if you haven't already, not sure if you're using a Mod Manager, but run loot, and you can export you modlist into a txt file, and post it here.

Also, just from what i see in the error, you have some mods installed that may depend on other mods that you are missing. And or you got the wrong versions of SKSE, or of racemenu or one of the required mods for those. Your modlist would help. Plenty of other ppl here too know alot more than i do. Hang out, post your modlist, and await a reply. Good luck.

Edited by c0ax599

First, install SKSE64 and make sure that it works. Download "Current SE build" on https://skse.silverlock.org/.

• Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your Skyrim Special Edition\ main folder (NOT Data).
  • Open skse64_2_xx_xx.7z using 7-zip.
  • Double-click skse64_2_xx_xx in 7-zip to go into the folder.
  • Drag all files into Skyrim Special Edition\ in Windows Explorer.
  • (Optional) Delete the src folder because you won't need that.
  • Always launch the game by running skse64_loader.exe.
There are tutorials for installing the scripts as a mod in your mod manager in order to keep your game directory a little cleaner, but really, you're probably always going to have SKSE installed. The scripts are NOT optional (they were installed in step 4 above).

Then, start the game by double-clicking skse64_loader.exe. Do the console command "GetSKSEVersion" to make sure that SKSE is working. It should say something like this:

SKSE64 version: 2.0.17, release idx 64, runtime 01050610
Only after that's working, install Racemenu for SSE. Load up the game using the loader and see if you get any error messages. If not, do a quick test:
  • Go to console (~).
  • Type: coc qasmoke
  • You will load into the test room. This is much faster than starting a new game.
  • Type: showracemenu
  • Check that the race menu has the "Presets", "Camera" and "Sculpt" tabs.
  • Quit the game and start it again.