Dwarven Lore Expansion - A New Beginning

ThatOneAssassin

So I was thinking, the dwarves were the most advanced race to ever exist in tamriel. But how did they build their automatons and weapons, the atherium forge certainly wouldn't have the capability or the hardware to construct anything beyond simple weapons.

I mean, when you think about it - the dwarves must have had a few facilities where they constructed automatons and other equipment in mass, enough to build and raise an army more powerful than the legion or the dominion.

I'm not much of a mod maker myself, I haven't touched the creation engine at all. If any authors are looking for ideas for any large projects, this might be it.

I know it sounds a bit ambitious and quite large of a request, I'd be willing to help write story for quests if anyone is interested.

Here's the premise of what I was hoping for, if anyone is interested - do send me a PM.

Forgotten but Not Lost

Centuries after the dwarves disappeared, their advanced civilization was abandoned but not lost. Numerous dwarven ruins dot the landscape of Tamriel and more are being discovered, research being expanded upon. The dwarves were legendary craftsman, able to construct complex mechanisms and defenses - the method of construction of how they were built lost... until now.

Sometime after the Dragon Crisis in Skyrim, Calcemo - the court wizard residing in Markarth, had advanced his research and found evidence of a lost uncharted island containing a large dwarven facility rumored to be the last remaining factory used by the dwarves for constructing their technology. After being abandoned during the dwemer's disappearance - you, the dragonborn and Calcemo gather an expedition team and travel to the lost island where the facility lies waiting for their masters to return.

The discovery of the ancient dwemer construction site brings the province of Tamriel out of the stone age and starts the beginning of an industrial revolution.

Your Choice

After the initial discovery of the site, the dragonborn must make the ultimate decision - either kill Calcemo and the research team and harness the dwemer power for themselves or work with Calcemo and create a heavily regulated supply of dwarven constructs, blueprints and materials to the rest of Tamriel.