recover saves not work anymore ?

Carioceco

I accidentaly replace the saves (autosaves), I was playing and I forgot that the automatic save replaces the ones you already have. I tried to use windows recovery but it did not work, then I used recuva and EaseUs to recover the save but when I tried to start all were "unknown location" and only 1 was not so just that his screenshot was blurred and when I tried to play the skyrim crashes before start.

Sorry for the bad english

• 3 months later...

I have the same issue. Here is how i get the auto-saves back:

1. Go to the folder that your saves are located in (Documents/My Games/Skyrim/Saves), right click and select properties from the menu. Go to 'Previous Versions' in the properties menu and select one of the previous restore points, open it and then copy over your saves.

But when I actually went into that menu there wasn't any option for 'Previous Versions'.

2. download and run iBoysoft data recovery: https://iboysoft.com/data-recovery/free-data-recovery.html. The software only find parts of the old autosaves...

If you can’t find any, my understanding is that by default only three autosaves are kept. If you have 3 autosaves and a fourth is created, it will overwrite the first autosave. If all you have are autosaves after the point of becoming a vampire, then there literally is no save before that point. Hard saves are never overwritten.

Edited by yuanyasmine