LOW WEIGHT vs HIGH WEIGHT

jbp7271

I don't use VR and I'm not sure how well it's supported with the recent changes to CBBE (eg: 3BBB). You might want to check over at the 3BBB mod posts section and/or CBP, as I *do* recall reading some posts from VR players there. (might be at least a starting point)

Ok, I will check that out.. Thank you.. I also just want to reaffirm your previous statement below.

>>and don't forget to click the "Build morphs" checkbox prior to building content if you use one of the physics-modeled bodies (ie, CBBE Physics, CBBE Special, 3BBB's Amazing, Fantasy, special, opr physics, or in xUNP, the Unified Special)<<

Am I interpreting this correctly that selecting the "Build morphs" checkbox is required for Physics to work?

And thank you so much for all the info you've provided thus far. It has been immensely helpful!

Ok, I will check that out.. Thank you.. I also just want to reaffirm your previous statement below.

>>and don't forget to click the "Build morphs" checkbox prior to building content if you use one of the physics-modeled bodies (ie, CBBE Physics, CBBE Special, 3BBB's Amazing, Fantasy, special, opr physics, or in xUNP, the Unified Special)<<

Am I interpreting this correctly that selecting the "Build morphs" checkbox is required for Physics to work?

And thank you so much for all the info you've provided thus far. It has been immensely helpful!

Sorry, nevermind I got it working. I actually didn't need the "Build morphs" checkbox, I just needed the right physics MOD! I was trying to use HDT-SMP which I guess doesn't work with SKSEVR right now. But I found "CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions for SSE and VR" which does works. :happy:

Thanks for sending me down the right path.. I found all this out looking up info on the CBP/CBBB stuff as you suggested.

I also had never built matching feet and hands in Bodyslide before (I guess I should have). Is this to make sure the seams match up?

Yes. The seam issue is generally hidden (incidentally) when you use boots/shores/etc and gantlets/etc, so if you don't ever see your player without clothing, then you'll probably miss it. And if you haven't heavily modified your character(s), it may be less visible as well.

As to the other issue, (missing checkbox) no idea. I'd strongly recommend that you post directly to the CBBE Bodyslide mod "posts" tab. as the author and other more seasoned folk will probably be more likely to see your query there. These SE forums don't get much purchase (few posts, few replies) from what I can tell. (I missed your final reply before posting this, so I'm leaving it as an addendum for anyone else who comes here and actually wants an answer to the missing checkbox.)

Well that didn't work.. The "Build Morphs" checkbox is still not there after I reinstalled CBBE with the "RaceMenu Morphs (BodyMorph)" option selected and then a reinstall of BodySlide. Any ideas?

FYI, the "build morphs" checkbox is used to enable the option to change your character's body ingame, especially with Racemenu. It basically adds sliders for body customization to Racemenu. It shouldn't affect the functionality of physics mods.

As was said before, try reinstalling Bodyslide. ALso make sure you got the latest version.

Well that didn't work.. The "Build Morphs" checkbox is still not there after I reinstalled CBBE with the "RaceMenu Morphs (BodyMorph)" option selected and then a reinstall of BodySlide. Any ideas?

FYI, the "build morphs" checkbox is used to enable the option to change your character's body ingame, especially with Racemenu. It basically adds sliders for body customization to Racemenu. It shouldn't affect the functionality of physics mods.

As was said before, try reinstalling Bodyslide. ALso make sure you got the latest version.

Thanks. Yes, I did try reinstalling and ensured the latest version, but still didn't work. I'll try posting directly to the CBBE Bodyslide page and see if anyone there has any ideas.

There is one thing that is still confusing to me with Bodyslide/Racemenu. Say I adjust and build a body in Bodyslide, then also build matching cloths or armor to fit that new body. Then while in-game I decide to adjust the body again using RaceMenu (assuming I've gotten the Racemenu morphs working).

Now what happens to the clothes that were built in Bodyslide to fit my previous Bodyslide adjusted body? And how could I ever use Bodyslide again because wouldn't that just overwrite the Racemenu modified femalebody.nif files?

In my experience, *some do morph with the racemenu tweaking. Some don't. not sure why.

As to overwriting, not as far as I know. I'm not an expert mind you, but the way I see it from my own ventures, it's more like this

You have a basic clay statue. (the skeleton)

You drape a body over it (bodyslide) that is well attached to any armor or clothing that is available within bodyslide for fitting purposes

You then filter that body with "body suit" (ie body and/or head) from racemenu.

So the problem is when the racemenu description doesn't attach to some item, a piece of jewelry or a piece of armor or whatever. (on a speculative note, I wonder if it's all those items without bodyslide definitions? I have many armor pieces and so forth that aren't represented for fitting in bodyslide studio. I deal with it as best I can when necessary.)

So, some good news... the Bodyslide structure appears to be well attached to the racemenu structure, including the literal body, and if I'm not mistaken, any armor/etc that you have fitted (check that morph box!) except possibly in certain cases... I'm trying to work out an issue with my females' knees when she in a sneak crouch, or otherwise folds her calf up towards her thigh, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with knee height in bodyslide vs knee height in racemenu...but I digress), so overall it morphs whatever you morphed in racemenu

Basically (edit: as far as I can tell) it's a one way valve. CBBE goes to racemenu but racemenu doesn't go back.

Yeah... There *is a disconnect, because when working in bodyslide (after idealizing using racemenu) , you have to guess a bit. I posted a few days back in the mods discussion about the possibility of some utility that produces a melded blended? morphed? output file suitable for direct use in Bodyslide, but I really have no clue if it's even possible and haven't heard anything back. Basically, right now anyway, if you want some gross change, bodyslide, then go and tweak using racemenu afterwards.

Don't forget that although a bit of a "conundrum" because of the racemenu bodyslide visualization issues (can't see the racemenu morphing/overlays from within bodyslide) at least presuming CBBE is your choice - dunno if UNP acts different - bodyslide is still the foundation, so you need to create and save some sort of baseline bodyslide preset (or use one of the downloadable ones without tweaking it at all) that points to your player, and others if you create or modify bodyslides for NPCs followers, and fit clothing/armor/etc per your needs, using racemenu for refinement .

sorry for the long wind. Hopefully it sheds some insight and isn't conveying any misinformation.

edited a bunch of times for content.