[LE] CK and Multiple Masters errors

I know...this has been done to death! Sorry, but in my case, no solutions I have tried thus far have been successful. Apparently I have committed some sort of mortal sin in the world of Steam and my punishment is that I cannot use CK like the rest of you. I am running Skyrim LE: Elder Scrolls V.

This condition only exists on my laptop (ASUS factory installed Widows10 machine). CK works great on my desktop (Gateway Windows7 machine with Windows10 upgrade). So, I have written and re-written the SkyrimEditor.ini more times than I can count on both hands. I have re-installed CK a half dozen times already. I have made numerous inquiries over the past two years with no actual solutions to the problem.

What appears to be happening is that 1) CK won't launch unless I'm connected to Steam, 2) I suspect that steam is overriding my ini file somehow and won't allow multiple masters, 3) Steam doesn't want to hear my complaint because they don't support oldrim anymore. I am at the point of removing the game from my laptop altogether because I can't use CK on the road. It is very frustrating. I believe CK actually loaded multi masters once in the past year and a half.

So anyway, every couple of months I try again to find a solution for this dilemma. I'm hoping someone has found a viable workaround for it. But, at the risk of sounding rude, please do not refer me to a sticky or advise me to rewrite the ini because I have done that more times than I can remember. However, any help is welcome. Thanks. :confused:

SkyrimEditor.ini

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa
SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt
iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1
iRetainFilenameStringTable=1
iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1
bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0
bUseArchives=1
SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa
SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

SkyrimEditor.ini

[General]
bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

As far as the Steam thing ... yes you do need to log into steam to run the editor. I suggest creating a new account,

"Hell hath no fury as a steam app spurned", or something like that.

Sorry, I'm not meaning to be rude, either... I've just got a strange sense of humour.

i'm afraid I don't know. I'm just here to offer solidarity! (Whilst thanking my lucky stars that I never try to use a laptop.)

I also never got the legendary edition. I got the original Skyrim, then many moons later, got special edition, both from steam.

I do still have the original, unadulterated 32-bit Creationkit.exe and flowchartx32.dll, skyrimeditor.ini and skyrimeditorprefs.ini, going back to... well, I think the pyramids had been built, but World War 3 hadn't broken out... somewhere between those two points in history. It's for before the legendary edition was even a twinkling in Bethesda's accountants' eyes.

I know little about how this works, but is there a chance my version may work for you... and is it even legal for me to send it to you?

You probably have, but just in case; as you are running Windows 10 have you set bEnableAudio=0

Also, I always use the CK on my laptop in offline mode so steam can't do anything I don't want like fiddle with ini files.

SkyrimEditor.ini

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

SArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa, Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

SInvalidationFile=ArchiveInvalidation.txt

iRetainFilenameOffsetTable=1

iRetainFilenameStringTable=1

iRetainDirectoryStringTable=1

bCheckRuntimeCollisions=0

bUseArchives=1

SResourceArchiveList=Skyrim - Textures.bsa, Skyrim - Meshes.bsa, Skyrim - Animations.bsa, Skyrim - Voices.bsa, Skyrim - Interface.bsa, Skyrim - Misc.bsa, Skyrim - Sounds.bsa, Skyrim - VoicesExtra.bsa

SResourceArchiveList2=Skyrim - Shaders.bsa, Update.bsa, Dawnguard.bsa, HearthFires.bsa, Dragonborn.bsa

SkyrimEditor.ini

[General]

bAllowMultipleMasterFiles=1

As far as the Steam thing ... yes you do need to log into steam to run the editor. I suggest creating a new account,

Yessir, I have done all that. But thanks anyhow.

You probably have, but just in case; as you are running Windows 10 have you set bEnableAudio=0

Also, I always use the CK on my laptop in offline mode so steam can't do anything I don't want like fiddle with ini files.

I have done that, yes.

I am quite convinced that it has something to do with oldrim and Windows10, but I just can't put my finger on it. It just annoys me when I'm in a motel for a couple of days and I can't work on mods. :verymad:

Edited by varkonasnorse