Hi, I need some help!

Chosen215

Hello!

I am here for a little help if someone could.

My game keeps freezing, and I have no idea why. I followed the instructions here: https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65199?tab=description (as I wanted to use a mod list) for tweaking the .ini files and the Nvidia stuff. I also already downloaded and installed mods from here (not everything because I didn't want everything).

https://pastebin.com/4RtmEqaz (current LO).

Is there something I am missing?

Do you have "New Vegas Stutter Remover" (NVSR) installed? If so, please see the 'Issue: CTD after 10-20 minutes of play (post-Win10 2017 FCU)' and 'Issue: CTD without warning, "Out of Memory error", or stops responding after the Main Menu' entries in the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

* Related to the NVSR problem, for problems AFTER a save game is loaded see also 'Issue: Incomplete save game load' in the "Troubleshooting" guide.

Please see the 'Vanilla Load Order' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section; and the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

If the problem persists, then see either the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so. It is designed for someone who has never played a modded PC game before, so it tries to avoid making any assumptions.

-Dubious-

Do you have "New Vegas Stutter Remover" (NVSR) installed? If so, please see the 'Issue: CTD after 10-20 minutes of play (post-Win10 2017 FCU)' and 'Issue: CTD without warning, "Out of Memory error", or stops responding after the Main Menu' entries in the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

* Related to the NVSR problem, for problems AFTER a save game is loaded see also 'Issue: Incomplete save game load' in the "Troubleshooting" guide.

Please see the 'Vanilla Load Order' entry in the 'First Timer Advice' section; and the 'Common Game Problems' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

If the problem persists, then see either the 'Solutions to Starting the game problems' or the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' sections in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

I recommend anyone read the entire "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article to understand the differences between this game and others you may have experience with; especially if this is your first attempt to play a modded FNV or it's been more than a year since you last did so. It is designed for someone who has never played a modded PC game before, so it tries to avoid making any assumptions.

-Dubious-

Thanks for the links, but none of these seem to problems that I have. I do not have NVSR because my guide said not to get it on Windows 10, so I instead got the better recommended thing "Tick Fix" or something like because it is compatible with and works nicer with Windows 10.

I also read over the other things, but nada I still freeze.

Check the INI files for bUseThreadedAI=, and iNumHWThreads=.

Set bUseThreadedAI=1, and set iNumHWThreads=2.

Make sure it is set that way in both Fallout.ini, and (if you have it), FalloutPrefs.ini

You should probably right click the files and open Properties, and set them both to 'Read Only' after altering those lines.

The mod guide you are following has the second line set to whatever number of cores your processor has, but Fallout New Vegas is unstable at best if it is running across more than 2.

Anytime the game "Crashes to the Desktop" (CTD) it's typically going to generate an error message in the Windows Eventlog. Please see the "Windows Error Messages" section of the wiki "How to read most Bethesda game error logs" article.

Do you have NVAC installed? "NVAC - New Vegas AntiCrash" error log entries are described on the "Description" page. This an important log for "in-game" errors. Some are intended to assist mod authors; while others are there to help "you, the player" trying to resolve a problem. You are interested in the entries which are NOT automatically handled successfully by NVAC. Key entries to look for are the following "letter codes":
* "e" entries are Exceptions handled specifically by NVAC's targeted code changes
* "h" entries are exceptions identified Heuristically by NVAC's "global" exception handler, sometimes handled unsuccessfully.
* "m" entries are "Middle of nowhere" exceptions, sometimes handled unsuccessfully.
* "ñ" entries are Null instruction exceptions, sometimes handled unsuccessfully.
* "n" entries are Null pointer call exceptions, sometimes handled unsuccessfully.
* "o" entries are stack Overflow exceptions, usually handled unsuccessfully.
* "q" entries are program self-termination information; these are effectively crashes.
* "u" entries are Unhandled exceptions reported from the Unhandled Exception Filter; these are crashes (and the NVAC author wants to hear about them).
* "v" entries are unhandled exceptions reported by NVAC's "global" exception handler; these are crashes.
* "w" entries are informative, relaying exception information as it passes through New Vegas's final exception handler.
* "x" entries are critical errors in Windows exception data; these entries should never occur.
* ":" entries are output from OutputDebugString calls.
* ";" entries are output from the game's own error checking.
Other codes may be of interest, but are not things the player is likely to be able to resolve, They are useful for informing the author of the mod to aid them in fixing their plugin. In particular, pass along the
* "_" entries are informative, relaying that NVAC was loaded and the base address of various DLLs
* "!" entries are informative, relaying human-readable text for the user
entries.
Any error codes found in the log but not listed on the mod "Description" page should be reported to the NVAC comments page.

-Dubious-