[LE] My book is spawning in every end table

SRSbladez

So I've made a journal in the creation kit and placed it in Faendal's end table using the interiors render window. It's great that it worked. It actually spawned in there, but the problem I noticed is that the journal is spawning in every single end table there is. So I was wondering how I can make this journal ONLY SPAWN or appear in Faendal's end table (the one to the left of his bed).

Any help will be fine.

Create a quest if you have not already.

Create an alias that points to that specific placed instance of the end table container.

On the alias, add the book to the inventory.

This will put the book in the container when the quest is started. It will remain there until the player takes the book. The book should not appear in any other instance of the container.

Create a quest if you have not already.

Create an alias that points to that specific placed instance of the end table container.

On the alias, add the book to the inventory.

This will put the book in the container when the quest is started. It will remain there until the player takes the book. The book should not appear in any other instance of the container.

Haha, I don't know what I'm doing. I'm brand new to CK, only thing I did was the journal, which took days to figure out. I think I saw something somewhere that spoke about putting an item in one specific container. Without using a quest. Because I want to make a mod where you have to find the journals by yourself. So I was wondering if there's easy ways and hard ways to do it. Thank you for the help, I'll be sure to try this out if I don't come across that article again.

Quest has two meanings here and is a point of confusion.

Quest = an activity that the player needs to peform

Quest = a record within a plugin. Typically used to handle the quests that a player must perform. Can also be used to manage things behind the scenes.

You do not need a quest with pointers, you just need the quest record with aliases pointing to the containers where you want journals to spawn.

Ah that clears it up. I think I'll try that with another journal that I do. I actually just duplicated an end table, deleted the journal in the original one, put it in the duplicated one, and put in his house. And it worked. So thank you for the help there, I'll probably do a quest that has no marker, and one with a proper quest. You've inspired me to do both, thank you :thumbsup:

Hi

You've done what I was going to suggest.

Just make sure that you've removed the original edit of 'EndTable01' from your mod. That's best done in SSEedit by removeing the record. If not, your mod will always have the original form as being edited.