How to create icons for my mod?

Hello everyone excuse me I wanted to ask those who are active even on the site how to create the icons for the items in the game if they have a tutorial and the necessary programs I have many new armor and many models of icons to replace many elements of the game but I don't know how to make them available in the game so that they look like they have to have the .dds format but I don't know what program or how to create one if they have that information, it was very much appreciated to share it ...

I hope that my message is understood my mother tongue is Spanish and I use the Google translator to create this post. :confused: :pinch:

I use an ancient version of Photoshop with the Nvidia DDS plugin, though I assume that any image editing program that can create DDS files can be used.

The Bioware icons for the game are either 42x42px or 56x56px, and I've seen icons in mods that are as large as 64x64px. I usually make my icons 56x56px, FWTW.

The export settings I use are

X.8.8.8 XRGB 32 bpp | unsigned
2D Texture

No MIP maps

which is one of the recommendations on the DA Toolset wiki.

And this is a screencap of the settings:

1926794-1577976342.jpg

I Love You thank you I spent the whole morning experimenting and I could on my own something I improve my experience with your data thank you very much I owe you a large one did not have the reference sizes of the images ...

taking advantage of the post to avoid spam could you explain to me how is the calculation of gold for the items in cost I want to put an appropriate value to my items since I place them at random and they came out with very expensive sales prices even for the game.

There's an explanation of how the game calculates item values on the toolset wiki. (Scroll down to the bottom of that page.)

When I'm making a new item, I either copy the value from a similar vanilla item (as is suggested by the wiki), or I just set it at zero, so it will have as low a value as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I use an ancient version of Photoshop with the Nvidia DDS plugin, though I assume that any image editing program that can create DDS files can be used.

The Bioware icons for the game are either 42x42px or 56x56px, and I've seen icons in mods that are as large as 64x64px. I usually make my icons 56x56px, FWTW.

The export settings I use are

X.8.8.8 XRGB 32 bpp | unsigned

2D Texture

No MIP maps

which is one of the recommendations on the DA Toolset wiki.

Has anyone ever determined working export settings for GIMP or Paint.NET?

nvdxt.exe is reliable enough, but it's not exactly the most convenient way of going about things...

Edit: To answer my own question regarding GIMP, exporting with the settings Compression: None, Format: RGBA8 and no mipmaps seems to at least not crash the game.

Edited by srnk