mining ore vein character my once not working

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

SRSbladez

SRSbladez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

So I've placed a corundum an ingot ore vein near Riverwood. Which saves me the hassle of travelling near Helgen to get corundum. So I placed them in the creation kit. Did the mining furniture thing, made sure it wasn't stuck in the ground, but my character still hits the ore vein once then stops.

cumbrianlad

cumbrianlad

Right turn, Clyde!

• Premium Member
  • 1,169 posts

This happens all the time. These things are notoriously fiddly. I find the wall mining markers the most troublesome. Sometimes you just need to tinker around with the positioning of the ore vein and marker.
If you post a screenshot of the set-up it may help.

Also, have you got the right mining markers, not the MS02PickaxeMining Markers? Those don't work properly for the player.

SRSbladez

SRSbladez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Yeah I did try to use the MS02PickaxeMining markers, realised it wasn't working. Then switched over to the ones that do. Here is a couple of screeshots for the corundum ore

EDIT: Nevermind I don't know how to use the attach files thing, it aint working.

Edited by SRSbladez, 02 January 2020 - 10:41 AM.

cumbrianlad

cumbrianlad

Right turn, Clyde!

• Premium Member
  • 1,169 posts

Do you have The Discord chat and fileshare app? I'm on there as Cumbrianlad. You could add me as a friend and message me with the esp file attached for me to look at. That would save a lot of questions and answers on here and if I find the problem, I could send the edited esp back or just tell you what i did to fix it.

Edit: BTW, I couldn't get images into my posts either, although I have before. I don't do it a lot, so I've forgotten how I managed it! Doh! looking at the esp is the quickest way to sort something like this, anyway.

SRSbladez

SRSbladez

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah I've got discord. I'll add you now, thanks for doing this. I don't know why it's so buggy but it just is.

EDIT: Damn discord needs that four digit thing. Here's mine, SRSBladez#7278

Edited by SRSbladez, 04 January 2020 - 03:58 AM.

cumbrianlad

cumbrianlad

Right turn, Clyde!

• Premium Member
  • 1,169 posts

No worries.

I'll take a look today, sometime.

You should have the friend request now on Discord.

cumbrianlad

cumbrianlad

Right turn, Clyde!

• Premium Member
  • 1,169 posts

I've sent you the modified esp. For anyone else reading this, the issue appears to be that the ore was positioned under a dead tree. I think the collision for the tree was interfering with the collision for the ore. Just moving the ore  clear of the dead tree fixed it.

Edit: thinking about it, it could also be that the idle animation of mining couldn't work properly because the game was trying to move the player into the middle of a log to do the mining! Either way, moving the ore clear of any such objects works.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mining, ore, vein, character, my, once, not working

Page loaded in: 1.045 seconds