Weapons of choice

Egor17

What are your weapons of choice. There are so many to choose from.

I find myself ending up with the same 4 each game.

Sydney's 10mm Ultra machine pistol. My primary weapon

Vengeance Gatling laser. Really good for the bigger super mutants.

Frag Grenades. Always get a strange satisfaction from a well lobbed grenade.

And Jingwei's shock sword if I don't revert to the fun of a good baseball bat.

Sometimes I'll also have the Victory sniper rifle. For some reason I never liked the Guass rifle.

It depends actually, on how you mod your game. For instance, I use "Mart's Mutant Mod", and my own version of "Simple Realism". This makes baddies tougher to kill. Since the energy weapons in vanilla FO3 are nerfed to the point that nobody uses them, I use "Re-Energized Weapons" mod. It pumps up the damage of every energy weapon in the game. By the same token, it makes every robot, and energy totting person in the game three times as deadly. Playing your game on very hard with these 3 mods alone, will make for a challenging game. If someone uses FWE (I do not), then you're going to get different answers to your question. That mod has 21st Century Weapons mod integrated in it.

That being said... I like the "Terrible Shotgun" for up close and personal attacks. "Xuanlong Assult Rifle" for raiders in the tunnels and sewers. The "Reservist Rifle" (modded) for long distance head shots. "A3-21's Plasma Rifle" and the "MPLX Nova Surge" for big baddies (MMM has some big baddies,) and also against the Enclave. Other than that, I use regular "Frag Grenades" and "Bottle Cap Mines." I get knock down with nades, because of Simple Realism. Fun stuff.

I don't really use Big Guns, as I have carry weight restrictions in my modded game. Sometimes I like to rock the "Rocket Launder", but that's about it. My game doesn't really allow for standing out in the open and blazing with a Chain Gun. I'd get mowed down, or head shot before I killed everyone. I have to stealth around a lot. It's fun... cuz I die a lot.

Anyway, that's my answer for you. Now you know.