How To Send Settlers to Custom Settlement?

Ok, I revise my statement about the board search function. It's not only awful, it's absolutely bizarre. Means I can't find my post I mentioned above anywhere anymore, so here's the little script once again:

Scriptname MyMod:FastTravelTargetFix extends ObjectReference

; nistons retroactive fix for settlement fast travel target

ObjectReference Property SettlementMapMarker Auto Const

Event OnCellAttach()
    ;mostly useless debug info, uncomment if desired
    ;Debug.Trace(Self + ": OnCellAttach()")
    WorkshopScript refWsS = ((Self as ObjectReference) as WorkshopScript)
    If (refWsS)
        If (refWsS.OwnedByPlayer)
            If (refWsS.myMapMarker != SettlementMapMarker)
                Debug.Trace(Self + " on Workshop(" + refWsS + "): MapMarker updating from (" + refWsS.myMapMarker + ") to (" + SettlementMapMarker + ").")
                refWsS.myMapMarker = SettlementMapMarker 
            Else
                ; uncomment the following line if you need to see this (normally useless) information 
                ;Debug.Trace(Self + " on Workshop(" + refWsS + "): MapMarker is already set to (" + SettlementMapMarker + ").") 
            EndIf
        Else
            Debug.Trace(Self + " on Workshop(" + refWsS + "): Workshop not player owned.")
        EndIf
    Else
        Debug.Trace(Self + ": ERROR - Could not get WorkshopScript reference.")
    EndIf
EndEvent

It's to be attached to the workshop. What it does is, it sets the myMapMarker property on the WorkshopScript to a map marker you specify (the settlement's actual map marker is an extremely good choice here). Useful if the property is empty because you didn't use the default script whose name I keep forgetting (InitializeSettlementLocation? smt like that perhaps?) and that not even BlahBlahDEEBlahBlah could get to work properly without some black magic voodoo chanting.

You need to reflink a xheadingmarker to the map marker. That xheadingmarker will be the fast travel target. Moving the fast travel mat about will actually move this marker. Because of this, I would advise against reflinking the settlement center marker to the map marker. Doing so means that placing the fast travel mat will, in fact, move about the center marker. Which is probably not the greatest idea. Instead, create a new, dedicated marker for this.

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. I followed this tutorial to build the settlement: https://stuyk.com/mod-a-custom-settlement-for-fallout-4/ , and everything is functioning as it should minus being able to send settlers there (it doesn't come up in the list) so it must be the workshopparentquest.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. I followed this tutorial to build the settlement: https://stuyk.com/mod-a-custom-settlement-for-fallout-4/ , and everything is functioning as it should minus being able to send settlers there (it doesn't come up in the list) so it must be the workshopparentquest.

i just looked at stuyk's guide, i notice a error, if you use a setowned trigger then in the wb script it shoud say owned by player false, it become true when you enter the trigger

true true f up things