Unpacking/packing .pak files

FoRRe

Hello!

Im in need of assistance!

Im trying to modify a simple value in rpg_param.xml in the mod SuperHardcoreMode.

However i ran into a problem, it seems that when i unzip the .pak and then zip it back up it no longer works no longer works.

I tested this by:

1. dowloading the mod fresh from nexus.

2. unzip mod with 7-zip.

3. put it in the right folder.

4. Test so mod is working (it did).

5. exit game

6. Unzip the SuperHardcoreMode.pak file with 7-zip.

7. Make no change and zip it back up and renaming it to .pak. Tried creating .zip with both 7-zip and windows built in to create the zip file.

8. started game and mod no longer works.

So i obviously have a problem with packing/unpacking.

I made sure its actually .zip that i compress into. Could it be the settings is wrong in 7-zip? ill attach a screen shot of my default archive options for 7-zip.

Anyone have an idea of what is wrong?

I'm not sure what's causing your issue, but you can circumvent it by simply editing the xml files directly inside the pak file through 7-Zip. Just navigate to the xml file, make the changes, and then it'll prompt you whether you want to save them. That way you don't have to unpack/pack every time you make a change.

I'm not sure what's causing your issue, but you can circumvent it by simply editing the xml files directly inside the pak file through 7-Zip. Just navigate to the xml file, make the changes, and then it'll prompt you whether you want to save them. That way you don't have to unpack/pack every time you make a change.

Thank you, this works as a temporary fix : )

• 1 year later...

h

Thank you, this works as a temporary fix : )

m, somehow this doesnt work for me, i always get the ,essage that the file cannot be written, also i cant add any files to the archive with 7z