Username change

Woltane

Guest Steggerzario

Ah, really? I thought removing the account would still keep the username in the database or something, so it would be too similar to make the change..

Thanks!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

Is there a way for a admin to change your name "behind-the-scenes" or what? If it is just request to close the account, I think I'd rather stay with my old username.

Edited by KICKASS11uk

Is there a way for a admin to change your name "behind-the-scenes" or what? If it is just request to close the account, I think I'd rather stay with my old username.

2nd post has your answer, it's a lot of work and they don't do it. Requesting an account closure and sign back up with a new name is currently the only way.

I dont get how they cant add something that makes it easier to change usernames with all of this complaining but it must be super hard if they havent did it for 3+ years of complaints...

It's likely because of how the database is set up. I'm not privy to the workings of the Nexus, but the username is probably a primary key, meaning that it would require pretty much an entire backend rewrite, and that only gets harder, never easier.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Even PSN now allows an automated name change.

"Behind the scene" is not the same thing as "under the table" if you made that mistake. Think more "under the hood".

The admins need to do a ton of manual editing in the database to account for all code integration and whatnot that might concern the usage of your name all over the platform. The reason is because they never set up the toolchain for handling all of that even semi-automatically.

I'd suggest Nexus hiring a good devop. At least just contracting a trusted freelancer. You have a community of coders here, why not engage one of them..?

Nexus isn't gonna do that though, because managers exist solely to resist change until their last dying breath.

Edited by Gnessim