Fallout4 update problem

Hello everyone.Fallout4 was updated in November 2019(21.11.19).
Since the version of Creation Kit is also up, it seems that the game needs to be the latest version in order to apply mods created or updated after this time.
I learned about this problem through feedback on My mod. :ermm:

There are various solutions for those who don't want to upgrade the game for some reason, but I'm worried about XBONE and PS4 users.
For example, the Japanese version of Fallout4 has not been upgraded for a long time. (Abandoned before the Creation Club started...)
Naturally, this time update does not apply to Japan, so Japanese users will not be able to receive new MODs or MOD updates in the future.
I think the same problem could occur in localized versions of other countries besides the Japanese version.
(Well, there is a possibility that only Japan is abandoned by Bethesda ... :sick: )

I understand that the problem can be solved by simply changing the .esp Header Version value from 1 to 0.95. I think Mod Author should do this.

bBLAJOf.jpg
That will probably make many people happy. (Especially Japanese People)
I intend to do that in My mods, but I want to know the ideas of other Mod Authors. :ermm:

So, Do you have any plans?

I posted this post because I couldn't find a thread discussing this issue.
Please let me know if there are any other suitable threads.

As annoying as it is when Bethesda breaks everyone's mods, that update did bring beneficial things to mod authors like an expanded number of records in ESL files. I think the best thing would be to try to bring Bethesda's attention to the fact they need to update the Japanese version of the game rather than holding back the rest of the world. Though it does suck to be left behind like this. :( Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear.

As annoying as it is when Bethesda breaks everyone's mods, that update did bring beneficial things to mod authors like an expanded number of records in ESL files. I think the best thing would be to try to bring Bethesda's attention to the fact they need to update the Japanese version of the game rather than holding back the rest of the world. Though it does suck to be left behind like this. :sad: Sorry, probably not what you wanted to hear.

Thanks for participating in the discussion. :laugh:

I was not even aware of the benefits of this update. The release notes I found did not mention anything technical.

Certainly, it would benefit everyone if the number of FormIDs available when converting from esp to esl increases.

If only the Japanese community is in an unusual situation where game updates are not delivered, it is not reasonable for everyone in the MOD community to stop.

Probably the Japanese community will take its own measures.

I myself supported the release of the Japanese version separately from the general version on My mod too.

But I'm happy if many modders recognize this.

Users have been protesting against Bethesda and Zenimax Asia, a publishing company in Japan, for updating the Japanese version, but it has been ignored. :ermm:

I bought the North American version long ago to buy Shiba dog at the Creation Club. The time has come for other Japanese too do so.... :sleep:

Edited by futoshisan

Futoshishan, hello!

Here is a really, really simple work around for what you're talking about, making mods for the areas where the update was forced in, and in areas where they aren't getting the forced game update.

And I honestly hope that other mod authors will start to do this as well.

It's actually a really simple process. After making the ESP/ESL/ESM file for the mod and the saving it.

Manually go into the Data Folder, and right click on the new file, choosing Copy. Then clicking on someplace very easy to find it, like the desktop, and choose paste.

Now you have your regular version. You can even go so far as to rename it Mymodname v163 or whatever.

Now, go back in and edit the header version number either to 0.95 or to 1.0 and then save the file again. [edit] sorry, I forgot to count out the zero's needed there.[/edit]

Then go back into the data folder, and change the name on it, to something like Mymodname v138 or whatever.

Now, you have a version of the mod, that will work with the newer game number, AND the older game number. You just have to remember to upload them seperately and make sure that your players know which one they should be using.

It takes about 20 seconds to do, if even that. But it's something that would be helpful, and make the mods available to use to everybody.

Edited by StormWolf01

• 1 year later...