mods still not working...even with Vortex

SirTrijj

I re-tried several "how to videos" (manually) but still don't have any mods that work. I then went with Vortex install and they still won't work. As to the "Now & Then" situation. Is this what we have here. Mods all worked "Then" but "Now" they don't? Anyone recently installed KCD and got their mods to work?

I installed KCD about a month ago and I have several mods that are working fine. The first thing I found when I started looking for mods was that most of them are out of date. You can kinda tell if a mod will be out of date if it was realease before December-2019ish (not all of them though). If the mod does not have a mod.manifest file in its folder, then it is most likely out of date.

What are you specifically looking for? A lot of the mods can be updated by manually adding a mod.manifest

I don't use Vortex though, so I know nothing about that, just manual installs

Ahh, finally a kind soul that actually responded. For that, I am very appreciative. The 3 mods I need installed all had manifests. That unlimited saves one, the cheat mod, and the bow reticle. I did first manually install all of them. But none of them showed up in game. Some of those YouTube videos on how to install (imo) should be re-evaluated. Could b as I said last, that was Then and they worked but Now they won't work cuz WH got offended (chuckles) cuz some modders r better than they r at developing content that works. I then went to Vortex hoping that would work but it didn't either. I find the Game has potential but for me almost unplayable. Seems there is great detail on the smallest of things yet irrelevant if u can't do the basics. I don't want God-mode but I do need an arrow that kinda goes straight and a place to Save so as not to loose hours & hours of game-play. & just a couple of items that I need to stay in the fight.

Ok, I can try to help as much as I can, but I havnt used Vortex. I know all three of those mods are fine to use in the current version of the game because I have used them recently.

To manually install mods:

Create a folder named Mods in your KingdomComeDeliverance\

ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\Mods

Then just move the extracted folder from the mod into that Mods folder (or save the compressed mod to the Mods folder and extract it there)

For example, the unlimited save will be in this structure:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\KingdomComeDeliverance\Mods\UnlimitedSavingNS

and in this folder should be the contents of the mod (a Data folder and a mod.manifest)

That is all there is to it. Is that what you have been doing when manually installing the mods?

Yup--exactly that. But I get a "can't read" on the manifest part. I have to search for another app (I chose notepad) & it reads it. But still when I hit the tilde key & scroll up....it says mods not installed. When I type in "cheat" and hit Tab...nothing happens. My bow has no reticle & unless I have schnapps....I can't Save. Is it the "manifest" part I am doing wrong?

You dont have to do anything with the manifest file yourself. Can you upload a screenshot of where it says 'mods not installed' ?

Also, you are using steam right?

Have you tried uninstalling Vortex?

Have you checked to make sure your game is the correct version? when you hit esc it should say at the bottom version: 1.9.4-404-502

1) I tried to do a prt scr but it said image is unavailable when I typed in "paint' in the box next to startup menu. So , I just wrote down what i saw when I hit tilde and use mouse wheel to scroll all way up to the top.

Mods_dir is 'mods'

[Mod] Loading mods from mods/mod_order.txt

[Mod] 0 mods loaded from mods/mod_order.txt.

2) Yes, this was a Steam purchase & dled from there

3) I have not uninstalled Vortex as I still have Skyrim & Skyrim Special Edition installed & use Vortex on them. But I can uninstall Vortex if I have to. Even uninstall KCD & start over.... if I have to.

4) Current Version is 1-9-4-404-502

Try deleting that mod_order.txt file completely. mod_order.txt is an optional file that is used to tell the game in which order to load the mods, or disable mods by not including them in the mod_order.txt

Also, to be on the safe side - I have seen that some people are having issues with their mods because when they extract the mod they use "Extract Files" or "Extract All" instead of "Extract Here" (from right-click drop down menu on the compressed mod file)

Only use "Extract Here" as the other options might be creating an additional first folder for everything to go in, which will cause mods to not load at all.

Edited by khowder

Ok, I will delete that mod_order.txt file and I did use Extract Files. So, I will use Extract Here next time.

Edit: I did as u said above and it worked :p....for the most part, I think. When I tried to add more than just 1 for bandages...it wouldn't give me the 6 I asked for. When I put no quanity, I got 1. I don't think it shows all possible cheats when I just type in Cheats and hit the Tab key. Some show up but not nearly as many as showed up in the YouTube video I watched. That video also showed him just typing in a key word & getting lines & lines of possible matches. Isn't Agility a skill or is it a perk ? I couldn't level that up nor Hunting?? Adding food items too, I couldn't figure out. What would those lines of text look like? But I am enjoying the Game much more now that I can actually get some things done. I again thank you for stepping forward & rendering aid. Thnx

Edited by SirTrijj