mods still not working...even with Vortex

SirTrijj

I've used Vortex with Skyrim & it works fine with me too. I believe what Bethesda did with Skyrim was the right thing to do (in the long run). That was to let modders have a go at it. In the beginning , I can see how game developers wouldn't like this so much. Perhaps that is where Warhorse is at. That said...even with what Khowder suggested...my game is still no where near right. Some cheats did work but I just found out (after many hours of play) that my Unlimited Saves was not working. SO, what I say here now...may well not work for u either. But try if u wish. Don't use Vortex. Install manually & when it asks for u to extract...make sure u use extract here. If that mod order text file comes up...delete it. I have 3 mods installed. Unlimited Saves isn't working...only some of the cheats work...and show bow reticle will no longer work if there has been a game update & there was something else mentioned about Saved Games changes?? I am just hoping khowder shows back up & can answer those questions I posed to him after his suggestions. As for now...as for me.. I absolutely cannot play this game.

Ok, I will delete that mod_order.txt file and I did use Extract Files. So, I will use Extract Here next time.

Edit: I did as u said above and it worked :tongue:....for the most part, I think. When I tried to add more than just 1 for bandages...it wouldn't give me the 6 I asked for. When I put no quanity, I got 1. I don't think it shows all possible cheats when I just type in Cheats and hit the Tab key. Some show up but not nearly as many as showed up in the YouTube video I watched. That video also showed him just typing in a key word & getting lines & lines of possible matches. Isn't Agility a skill or is it a perk ? I couldn't level that up nor Hunting?? Adding food items too, I couldn't figure out. What would those lines of text look like? But I am enjoying the Game much more now that I can actually get some things done. I again thank you for stepping forward & rendering aid. Thnx

Sorry, didn't realize you edited your message. I don't know that much about the cheat mod, I just used it to find some item id's and to get by an awful bug in the main quest line (if you ever see a bowl in a cave that you can pick up, for the love of god just leave it there and walk away). You may have to ask the mod creator about the specifics that you are looking for

I've used Vortex with Skyrim & it works fine with me too. I believe what Bethesda did with Skyrim was the right thing to do (in the long run). That was to let modders have a go at it. In the beginning , I can see how game developers wouldn't like this so much. Perhaps that is where Warhorse is at. That said...even with what Khowder suggested...my game is still no where near right. Some cheats did work but I just found out (after many hours of play) that my Unlimited Saves was not working. SO, what I say here now...may well not work for u either. But try if u wish. Don't use Vortex. Install manually & when it asks for u to extract...make sure u use extract here. If that mod order text file comes up...delete it. I have 3 mods installed. Unlimited Saves isn't working...only some of the cheats work...and show bow reticle will no longer work if there has been a game update & there was something else mentioned about Saved Games changes?? I am just hoping khowder shows back up & can answer those questions I posed to him after his suggestions. As for now...as for me.. I absolutely cannot play this game.

The WH devs are actually really good about modding, they just released the modding tools not too long ago which allows modders to modify pretty much anything in the game... I believe there are some people that are even working on creating new content in the form of new levels, adding crossbows, etc..

I'm not sure why your unlimited saves isn't working, I use the no schnapps version and I can save from the ESC menu whenever without schnapps. You can also use the cheat to save, cheat_save I think. The bow reticle mod should still work, but it has different directions on how to install it than a normal mod.. I used this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/13 (I didn't use it for long, didn't really like it, because usually you have to take into account the distance of your target and get the arch down. I ended up just learning how to use bows without the dot)

As for the game itself, it is kind of a pain at the beginning when your characters skills are still really low - I can see how some would call it unplayable. But if you stick through it and level your skills a bit, it gets much better. In all honesty, at the beginning I felt like this game wasn't great, I wasn't very good at the combat and figured I would just try to avoid combat and what not. Instead, I trained with Bernard until I got the hang of combos and I hunted in the woods until I got decent with a bow. These things made the game for me much more enjoyable, I ended up getting pretty good with a sword or mace and decent with a bow, up to the point now where I'm adding mods to make the game much harder and actually challenging. If you learn to read with your character and start looking for skill books, it makes leveling things a bit better. You can also train skills from skill trainers for a free skill at 0,5,10,15

I tried the above cheat code (& that is how it is suppose to work but it doesn't in my game). I played around with it & got it but can't remember the combination that actually worked. Wounding wasn't suppose to be in there based on my try. I need to take a closer look at some more videos. There is inconsistency in some of those videos. Thnx for the help.

I just wanted to say thank you to you khowder for the "Try deleting that mod_order.txt file completely." suggestion. That worked for me. I am also using Vortex, I use it for several games and find it helps a lot with automatic load order etc. Now that I deleted mod_order.txt my mods are working it looks like. Before I deleted that empty file none of the mods worked so thank you very much.

• 5 months later...

I tried the above cheat code (& that is how it is suppose to work but it doesn't in my game). I played around with it & got it but can't remember the combination that actually worked. Wounding wasn't suppose to be in there based on my try. I need to take a closer look at some more videos. There is inconsistency in some of those videos. Thnx for the help.

+1 to the Thanks!!! KUDOS for both of you!

• 3 months later...