The Best Mod Manager

DJNInja88

so i just got Fallout 4 for pc and was looking forward to doing mods but when i got log into my bethesda account it says can't login and i have the password and username correctly. so i thought id try doing mods outside of that assuming i don't need to log into bethesda to use these mods as well

in any case im looking for a easy to use mod manager.

People will give you advice based on what they're used to and what their preferences are. I've used Mod Organizer and Nexus Mod Manager and I prefer the latter. I think all of them are good. Some might have features you will enjoy, but I doubt you'll find out until you try for yourself. I think there's also Vortex, but I've never used it. With regards to Fallout 4 I think it's good to have a mod manager that can directly link to the site. NMM does this. Vortex probably as well.

At any rate, you don't need a bethesda account to use mods from nexusmods or any other site. You only need that account for mods that are on bethesda.net. Imo, not worth bothering with.

Edited by AeonsLegend

If all you are looking for, is a manager that will let you activate/deactivate mods or change load order so that you don't have to mess with butthesda, this one was a good one for me. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13671

tho I have since moved to managing the fallout 4 plugins.txt file manually.

Another I have tried was NexusModManager NMM which is now hosted off site, which has a lot of features, but a bit too much for my tastes. I like barebones.

Vortex. Well...right now there's some issues between Vortex and the Nexus due to some connectivity issues here on the site. It's also a lot more program than I personally want, but a lot of people like it too.

If you're wanting small, simple, and easy. First link is my choice. If you're wanting more, more and more, the other two offer options, in the order that I listed them.

Hope this helps :)

Aons - There's a few good mods there on beth, that aren't available here. But, there's also a few of the modders here, that are thinking about moving on, due to some of the site changes.

Perhaps when more interesting things are on bethesda.net. Right now there's hardly anything there and what's there doesn't strike my fancy.

I think you're refering to the combined mod feature that nexus is enforcing. I don't really understand why they go against modders wishes. This site used to be about modders making beautiful things and now the site is bothering them for no reason. I don't understand why they're interfering.

oh, please don't get me wrong. I pretty much refuse to have anything to do with butthesda.net anymore. There's a few mods that I've got that have become staples to my game, like UCO and USO but as of right now their mod selections are getting pretty stale.

I guess that everybody has their reasons. I really haven't been back here long enough to have dug into the backstory of what all has been going on. Only that with the recent site changes about the downloads pages, that some of the modders have voiced that they've had enough.

But, back on track, I suppose. I know I'm gonna take some flack and heat and actually most likely drawing a target on my forehead for saying it. But yeah, I just don't like Vortex. Just my opinion, but I think it kinda goes a bit too far beyond what a program should do.

i have chosen NMM :) a friend of mine convinced me to get and sent be a bunch of videos on how to use it ..which is good cause the last time i tried years ago i go frustrated. and i hate bethesda net now!!! since installing a mod manager i've been researching mods and found some videos listing mods...go the links provided and get the following.....this mod will no longer be available here and is now only bethesda net. that is so bull crap! i hate not being able to log into mods on fallout 4 cause of the stupid bug! that apparently other people have as well...i have tried everything to try and fix it.

oh well, what im looking for is the best Settlement Mods, weapons, sexy clothing for women(wink) and armor and clothes lastly....all in that order too. im a big Settlement builder!!!!! love every bit of it and have built some bad ass stuff on PS4 that im still proud of. but now im on pc...i want to do something really bad ass. any suggestions would be nice.(guess this post should be changed to mod suggestions now LOL)

In terms of settlement mods I use these:

Expanded settlement buildings
homemaker
Immersive Vendors
Constructible Guards
invisible guard markers
place everywhere
scrap everything
Art connoiseur
Wail oil lamps
Caravan trading post
All these are good and don't break the game (allthough scrap evertyhign does give you more resources at the start of the game)
Clothes:
CBBE
Bodyslide
CBBE Vanilla outfits
Check out GRIM's clothes. He has amazing sexy bodysuits
Check out Pampas. Great sexy suits
Delyte's Charm and Essence pack
GITS Motoko Kusanagi outfit
Dicky's Pinup Outfit CBBE Fusion Girl
VTAW has some nice clothes
Sirius assault armor 1.6
If you really want to go skimpy check out HN66's outfits. Too skimpy for my tastes, but whatever floats your boat.
Some of the ones above come with innate armor rating so they are kind of overpowered. So I've edited them myself to be more like normal clothes.
You can also use armorsmith extended and armorsmith keywords. But be warned this allows you to overpower your character a bit. Especially earlier in the game. For later playthroughs these are really good to have though.
Thing is that if you want to use armor as normal in the game, but still look nice in an outfit without all the armor you're going to have to use armorsmith extended anyways or another mod because they allow you to make armor pieces invisible. So you could basically run around in a swimsuit and still have 300 armor rating because you're also wearing combat armor which is invisible.
And last but not least I strongly advise to look into LooksMenu and other mods that make your character look better such as Valkyr face, Eyes of Beauty, Looksmenu compendium, KS hairstyles, Azir Ponytails etc etc.
Edited by AeonsLegend

thank you for all of this! i will look into and im glad you included stuff like hair and stuff. i don't know why i didn't mention that in my list of thing cause to be honest thats one of the things Fallout lacks and badly!!! they have had the same boring ass hair styles on all the games. its really sad when you think about it. i mean i know its the wasteland and everything and hairstyle are also supposed to reflect that 1950s aesthetic but come on! spice it up a bit! its why i have the Mojave delight mod on my new vegas. looks so much with those hair styles

Edited by DJNInja88