Mods downloaded by vortex not working

Nachtej

I have tried to download mods from the new vegas nexus, they download into Vortex, the plugin for the mod is enabled, however when I go into the game it does not do anything. I have tried download multiple mods to see if it was just that one, it is not, they are both not doing anything. This does not happen when I try to download mods from the Fallout 3 nexus, however it does happen when I try to use Fallout New Vegas mods, any type of mod from New Vegas, new ones and old ones, even ones that worked before but now don't.

Edited by PaultheKing

Some mods for older games, such as Fallout 3, Oblivion and Fallout New Vegas, were packaged incorrectly because Mod Managers were fairly new at the time, so there's a possibility that the mod you're using wasn't packaged correctly so the ESP isn't actually in the DATA folder.

Do you know the way to fix this, hopefully permanently

Edited by PaultheKing

Some mods for older games, such as Fallout 3, Oblivion and Fallout New Vegas, were packaged incorrectly because Mod Managers were fairly new at the time, so there's a possibility that the mod you're using wasn't packaged correctly so the ESP isn't actually in the DATA folder.

Do you know the way to fix this, hopefully permanently (sorry if that last part sounded pretentious)

The way to fix it, is to extract the mod temporarily somewhere and package it up correctly.

I spent a good week or so doing that for Oblivion so I could install it with Vortex.

I wrote an article about it here Vortex and Oblivion, an experiment

VORTEX IS JUNK.

No matter what I try it will not install mod's. It goes through the motions but nothing ever happens. Can we please get rid of this and go back to the older Nexus Mod Manager?

That at least worked.

Stop hijacking other people's threads with your complaining.

Also, if you had scrolled down a little farther on the Vortex download page, you would've seen the Download Buttons for NMM, there, that wasn't too difficult was it?

NMM-Vortex.jpg

Guest deleted34304850

VORTEX IS JUNK.

No matter what I try it will not install mod's. It goes through the motions but nothing ever happens. Can we please get rid of this and go back to the older Nexus Mod Manager?

That at least worked.

Two things.

1 if you can't get vortex to work, you should open a thread in the support forum

2. if you hijack a thread and behave like a complete dummy, i will and did report it.

3. "edited" 12 Jan 2020 - zcul

• 9 months later...

yeah i use(d) NMM for FNV before, and moved all the mods to Vortex so now they are labeled as plugins rather than mods lol

Idk if I downloaded a mod for FNV after the switch, or if the mod i was trying to download a few months ago was the first one that didn't work