More Weapons For Super Mutants- A Request, I'm desperate

WebbProductionsEntertain

I have asked the Mod Request forum two times. Can we have more weapons that Super Mutants can use specifically weapons on the Nexus. Lets say the Service Rifle mod made by DeadPool2099, would it be cool for Super Mutants to use them? Yes in my eyes it would. And lets say the R-91 by C1ph3rr, Super Mutants used these weapons in Fallout 3 but when you install the mod they can use it at all.

And don't get me wrong I know that in past games Super Mutants didn't have a big arsenal but all they carry in this game seem dull. I want to find something else in there hands besides what they have already.

And if there is certain weapons that a modder can add they will eventually find out that they will have to make new animations for the Super Mutants so they can hold it right and the meshes wont look screwed up.

If anyone is out there and knows why people are not on board with anything I'm saying then please just tell me why please. I rather know why then silence.

Heyas WebbProductions!

Ok. So here's why you're not getting much in the way of responses. The mod request forums operate differently than the rest of the forums do, as far as posting in them. Due to the fact that the staff wants all mod requests to have an equal chance of being seen.

Therefore it's rules are that you really can't spam or bump posts in those sections of the boards. In some cases, the staff will even Remove posts from a thread there, to put it back lower down on the list that they show up in. Which in most cases, results in either an INformal warning, or an actual warning sent to that member.

The biggest problem, is that for human type characters, there are modder's resources which have been extracted or built, to make animations so much easier on human type bodies.

Sadly, there are no such resources for Power Armor, or Super Mutants. Or even feral ghouls, for that matter.

These are needed, in order to be able to place the 3d meshes correctly, to correspond with the bodies.

Without them, we get the same problem that you had mentioned in your post. That they don't hold them right, they don't move them right, they don't reload them right, etc. All the stuff that we see in the fallout76 series, and bloopers vids from the devs.

For the most part, the only thing that we can really do, is set a weapon to re-use an animation that is already there in the vanilla game. And if those 3d settings are different on the new weapon. then yeah..... same problem.

That said, I'm not a a 3d modeler, and I don't know how those files would be extracted from the game, to make a working set of something that could be used as a basis :sad:

Hope that this helps to explain it a bit.

-Storm

Edited by StormWolf01

I don't think they can use them unless you replace them by a completely new race with it's own skeleton and animations. Now THAT's a lot of work. No one has even tried to do this. There's mods that add all possible weapons to the supermutants, but not the ones they can't use.

Thank you for your response Storm that explained a lot about my request. But with my question in mind lets discuss this. How is the Capital Wasteland Project and Fallout 4 New Vegas Project going to work. They have to make assets right? Especially new animations for the Super Mutants because in Fallout 3 they hold the Chinese Assault rifle and the R91. Maybe they might release a Modders resource for Super Mutants and even feral ghouls.

And AeonsLegend maybe not one modder can do that but a group of modders can make that.

Another idea: But think of this. Storm you said it is easier to just use vanilla animations, so why doesn't someone make new meshes for the nexus mod to fit with the assault rifle. It might make the weapon bigger but at least they can hold it and it would look right correct. If what I just said sounded crazy than just tell me.

Edit: what i'm happy about right now is that some people are responding to my posts it really means a lot to me

Edited by WebbProductions2020

Heyas Webb :) Yup no problem at all. ;) Yeah, around here it's really not so much about actually "asking" it, it's about "Where" you ask it ;)

Tho then too, I've seen threads that just die off, because nobody really knows the answer. :dry:

Ok wow, that's an emoticon overload right there. Enough of that!!

Sadly tho, I don't know enough about the animation process. I only know that when you do it in a program like Poser, or Daz3d (which you can't use for fallout4) you have to do it in frames. Like with an animated gif, or movie. You start with a frame, at the beginning of the animation. Then add another frame, and make just a very slight amount of changes to the pose of the object. rinse and repeat, over and over, until the entire sequence is created.

Now again, I'm no modeler. But, I do remember that there were issues where in other games, when somebody would try to extract a rigged model from the game, that the rigging would get lost, destroyed, or mutilated by the tools that were being used to extract them.

(Rigging is almost quite literally an object's skeleton. It has pivot points, and stuff like that.) But, if you don't get the rigging proportional to the size of the object, you get screwed up stuff like an arm bending in the middle of the forearm and such.

That's about as far as my knowledge takes me, I'm afraid.

Another idea: But think of this. Storm you said it is easier to just use vanilla animations, so why doesn't someone make new meshes for the nexus mod to fit with the assault rifle. It might make the weapon bigger but at least they can hold it and it would look right correct. If what I just said sounded crazy than just tell me.

To somebody like me, that actually sounds like absolute genius! But then, I dunno what all it involves, so I can't say if it's viable or not. I mean, I would THINK that it would be a lot easier to change the anims and positioning, on a model like a weapon.

Now tho too, there also comes two problems. The first, probably not much of one. Author permissions. Whoever would be taking up this task, would be having to get permissions from people, if they don't already give them in their mod page.

Second is compatibility. Hmmmm. Ok maybe not so much. I was thinking that the model of the mutants that would have to be changed per each gun. Get that outta my head. Yeah, it would be pretty much a lot like the patches for the visible weapons, where a patch could be made, per weapon. Hmmmmm....

Yeah, I know what you mean. There's a lot of places on the web, where it does kinda seem like nobody cares at all. At least around here, we like to try to make everybody feel welcome. :)

Webb - We will see. I'm hoping that some folks that know about this kind of thing may chime in on the subject.

I definitely don't have the name or rep around here that I had 10 years ago, but I may check to see if I can get a few people to look at this.

Hey this topic is also important to those who use weapon replacers. Like Modern Weapons Replacer. Because then all the Super Mutants you encounter cant use the weapon because they don't have the animation for it.

I have an idea of what were talking about with this topic. Some modder or the dev teams for the big mod projects need to release a Super Mutant editor tool. I of course cant do this but I know we have very talented modders in our community. This tool would allow people to make animations for the Super Mutant race and be able to implement it into Fallout 4.