The Belief in Free-Will Has Made Us All Naïve Psychopaths

templeofninpo

To start, let me first say that that thing that's happening when we think we're 'choosing' is divining. Just because sentience ain't what we generally presume doesn't mean that existence doesn't exist.

Regardless of the mechanical objectivity of the whole of all being a beginningless singularty (poetically, God's width) the first clue that 'original thought' is bogus is that every Hollywood movie says it saves the day.

It means everything. So, patience be with us.

Edited by templeofninpo

Ah Ha ! So that's why all the supposed inventors of original works are getting screwed.

Because there really is no original thought in the individual , only which individual gets to the patent office first !

And on your other thought ... I think your meaning could be said another way as ...

Freedom , or the illusion of it , makes us free of good character ?

So we need to be a slave to something in order to build good character ?

Having free will leaves us with the choice to choose what to do. If we had no idea of any kind and acquired ideas from others who had a mind to tell us of many wondrous ways; we may make a choice that leaves us to choose from those.

It wasn't a free choice any longer, because others giving, suggesting, or commanding us to choose were causing us to choose from something other then our own affairs; theirs.

Even so; If we made a choice to go back to doing what we were doing before we were interrupted we made a choice; freely.

If someone asks us a question requiring an answer our attention can be held up until we either answer or ignore them. If Ignoring them is what we do; we have made a choice to return to decide not to do anything we did not have to choose from before. The freedom to continue thinking about the empty spaces in our mind is filled with new thought, and causes us to lose our attention to what it was we were doing without interruptions.

What will I do next?

Excuse me! A moment.

I see something scrumptious!

Yup! I am going to do a psychopathic thing to that food!

Ah Ha ! So that's why all the supposed inventors of original works are getting screwed.

Because there really is no original thought in the individual , only which individual gets to the patent office first !

And on your other thought ... I think your meaning could be said another way as ...

Freedom , or the illusion of it , makes us free of good character ?

So we need to be a slave to something in order to build good character ?

Apparently they can't find Earth's original deed.

Having free will leaves us with the choice to choose what to do. If we had no idea of any kind and acquired ideas from others who had a mind to tell us of many wondrous ways; we may make a choice that leaves us to choose from those.

It wasn't a free choice any longer, because others giving, suggesting, or commanding us to choose were causing us to choose from something other then our own affairs; theirs.

Even so; If we made a choice to go back to doing what we were doing before we were interrupted we made a choice; freely.

If someone asks us a question requiring an answer our attention can be held up until we either answer or ignore them. If Ignoring them is what we do; we have made a choice to return to decide not to do anything we did not have to choose from before. The freedom to continue thinking about the empty spaces in our mind is filled with new thought, and causes us to lose our attention to what it was we were doing without interruptions.

What will I do next?

Excuse me! A moment.

When we objectively understand how evil is not a real thing we become exempt from instigation... this is why some people felt the need to kill Jesus.

What will I do next?

Excuse me! A moment.

When we objectively understand how evil is not a real thing we become exempt from instigation... this is why some people felt the need to kill Jesus.

Evil appears to be pretty real to me......

What will I do next?

Excuse me! A moment.

Yeah! They wanted to kill the teacher for sending homework home with the student's. But real teachers seldom are killed because they give assignments to students to do at home. Some students use their school assignments study time at home as an excuse to get out of washing and drying dishes and for that sometimes their parent's want to kill the teacher too.

Â

Having free will leaves us with the choice to choose what to do. If we had no idea of any kind and acquired ideas from others who had a mind to tell us of many wondrous ways; we may make a choice that leaves us to choose from those.

Â

It wasn't a free choice any longer, because others giving, suggesting, or commanding us to choose were causing us to choose from something other then our own affairs; theirs.Â

Â

Â

If someone asks us a question requiring an answer our attention can be held up until we either answer or ignore them. If Ignoring them is what we do; we have made a choice to return to decide not to do anything we did not have to choose from before. The freedom to continue thinking about the empty spaces in our mind is filled with new thought, and causes us to lose our attention to what it was we were doing without interruptions.

Â

What will I do next?

Â

Excuse me! A moment.

Â

Â

Yup! I am going to do a psychopathic thing to that food!

Â

Â

Insanity is real, but no one chooses to be crazy.

Â

Having free will leaves us with the choice to choose what to do. If we had no idea of any kind and acquired ideas from others who had a mind to tell us of many wondrous ways; we may make a choice that leaves us to choose from those.

Â

It wasn't a free choice any longer, because others giving, suggesting, or commanding us to choose were causing us to choose from something other then our own affairs; theirs.Â

Â

Â

If someone asks us a question requiring an answer our attention can be held up until we either answer or ignore them. If Ignoring them is what we do; we have made a choice to return to decide not to do anything we did not have to choose from before. The freedom to continue thinking about the empty spaces in our mind is filled with new thought, and causes us to lose our attention to what it was we were doing without interruptions.

Â

What will I do next?

Â

Excuse me! A moment.

Â

Â

Yup! I am going to do a psychopathic thing to that food!

Â

Â

Insanity is real, but no one chooses to be crazy.

Perhaps the insane people choose to be evil? :D